Author Topic: Malossi BBK for People 50 2T  (Read 41841 times)

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
Re: Malossi BBK for People 50 2T
« Reply #285 on: August 25, 2016, 04:53:16 PM »
Yes, I will add that one to my list.  Be sure to report how it works after you get it all installed.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 25, 2016, 05:12:06 PM »
Rgr rgr I hit 63 today but sure that was on a long downhill

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 26, 2016, 01:04:40 AM »
wow, that's fast...
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 26, 2016, 01:06:03 AM »

94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 26, 2016, 01:43:11 PM »
pace, is that an app on your phone?

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 26, 2016, 02:14:29 PM »
Yes Ulysses but it's only for android

94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 03, 2016, 03:45:35 AM »
I installed the 20mm intake manifold. Doesn't appear to be much difference between manifolds, but carb side does get rid of step down between 20mm carb adapter and approx 17mm OEM manifold.  I guess you could port match between the carb adapter and OEM manifold, but would weaken the manifold, just seemed easier to buy another part.  The opening into the reed cage appeared to be the same size on both manifolds.  I wasn't expecting much change in performance, but did compute approx 38% area increase between the opening of the 17mm OEM manifold and 20mm manifold.

I put it all back together and went for test ride.  Was pleasantly surprised, engine ran noticeably better, actually ran pretty awesome.  I think this is the 1st time I am starting to think I want to put BBK on Super 9 LC.  Up until now, Super 9 LC was always better ride compared with People 50 2T with BBK.  Although Super 9 LC doesn't have the great take-off BBK has, it was generally more fun to ride, had more consistent performance, better top speed, and no concern about overheating.

I guess the step between the 17mm OEM intake manifold and the 20mm intake adapter was doing something bad.  After my before and after test today, I can highly recommend it, was worth the $'s and work to get it installed.  Engine still runs hot, high CHT 418F, but cooler weather seems to be helping, and 20mm intake manifold seems to be going in the right direction too.  Before 20mm intake manifold, max revs seemed to be approx 9600, today with 20mm intake manifold max revs was 10,080. so significant increase.  I made no adjustments to carb, and it seemed to be about the same over rich tune, but just ran better.

I finally received Airsal gasket sets today, ordered 2 gaskets sets and one was correct, the other wrong, bummer.  Anyway, since still running hot and carb is still tuned too rich to really rev out like it should, I will test lowering compression by installing an extra head gasket.  Probably be a couple of weeks before I can get to it, but will report back test results after I make the change.  Cheers

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 13, 2016, 09:18:24 PM »
Hey CHaz you still alive bro? Ain't seen no posts for a bit hows she running?
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 14, 2016, 05:07:59 PM »
Hello pace, thanks for interest, haven't got anything to report, haven't done anything else to it yet, have some plans, will post when I do something.  Cheers

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 20, 2016, 01:01:00 AM »
It's been awhile, but road P50 today for 1st time since 9-2-16.  I have been riding S9 a lot and doing other stuff, so haven't done anything different with the P50.  Weather is cooler, and made big difference in CHT, high was 370f, max rpms 10020.  Ran great, made me want to do BBK on S9 for sure.

Actually, took S9 out yesterday and was very windy, was really slowing down speed running into the wind, was thinking time to do BBK on S9, then rode P50 and was more encouragement to do BBK on S9.

Maybe the end of the road for P50 BBK project.  I have 4 scooters and something has to go.  Will probably put P50 back to OEM and put up for sale.  I really love the P50, but S9 LC seems like better scooter for many reasons.

If/ when I do BBK on S9 LC I will start another thread under Super 9.  Cheers

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 23, 2016, 03:40:18 AM »
Can always send the P50 out here to NC for. . . .testing purposes. . .lol you did alot to it to get the BBK to perform how you wanted it to and I've not tried any of those yet. Mines running ok not great. Had to order another silencer for the NextR exhaust the other had ate itself up over the course of 10K miles and was obnoxiously loud. I think I need a new variator I'm having issues to get over 8800K rpm and feel the variator is sticking on bushing.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 29, 2016, 05:02:21 PM »
hello pace, thanks for kind words, was a lot of fun, may still mess with it, is running great in cooler weather, just have a couple more adjustments to try...  Cheers

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()