Author Topic: Overheating  (Read 5105 times)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Overheating
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 03:11:47 AM »
On my GV 250 the expansion bottle is directly connected to the radiator.

Good tip as I had several overflows as air bubbled up.

B&L - do most scooters have these issues?  I never had these kind of problems with motorcycles that I worked on.

The bottle is directly connected? You mean with a hose right? The hose leading to the overflow only spits coolant when the system is pressurized past the pressure rating of the radiator cap. This is not a mural problem, but it's kinda hard to burp all the air out.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Overheating
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2016, 01:16:28 AM »
The bottle is directly connected? You mean with a hose right? The hose leading to the overflow only spits coolant when the system is pressurized past the pressure rating of the radiator cap. This is not a mural problem, but it's kinda hard to burp all the air out.

Yes with a hose between the radiator bottle and the radiator.  "directly connected" was not the right choice of words.
PaulC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()