Author Topic: Issues with my Like 200i HELP!!!  (Read 7811 times)

Jade422

• 2016 Like 200i
    • View Profile
Issues with my Like 200i HELP!!!
« on: October 02, 2015, 03:44:00 AM »
Can somebody please tell me how to remedy an accidental overflow of fuel and now my Like 200i runs rough stalls at stop lights and feels like its not getting enough gas keep losing power while I'm riding is there anything I can do to get this scooter back in shape? Help with this situation would be much appreciated :(
2016 Like 200i

2015 Like 200i Anniversary Edition

2010 GMW 150cc

2005 Vespa LX150 cc

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S50 800cc

2007 Kawasaki 500cc

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with my Like 200i HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 11:39:18 AM »
If not filled to the brim.... try opening the.gas cap after a run, do you here air sucking INTO the tank? Might have a gas cap or tube that is not venting properly.
I removed seat, and the tangle of venting tubes to the tank....played with that one way plastic valve found midway in the lines  and the gas cap. Blowing and sucking until things vented again.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 09:41:36 PM »
First off, stop filling when gas reaches the base of the filler neck. Look down the filler neck and you'll see what appears to be a bar at the base of the filler neck. Use that bar as your fill stop indicator. As for your issues, disconnect the over flow hose from the filler neck. Gentle force air down the line using a bicycle pump. Your problem is the EVAP canister is filled with fuel. Gently blowing air down the tube will help speed up the removal process. I've found riding for 50 miles is a more enjoyable way to do the same thing with out the hassle of removing the hose and blowing air down the tube.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 05:13:09 AM »
Sentences 1st. Yes you are over filling scoots abilities. Try the correct fill method.

Jade422

• 2016 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 03:04:03 PM »
Sentences 1st. Yes you are over filling scoots abilities. Try the correct fill method.

Trust me when I tell you it was not me who filled it but I'm stuck with the issues my cousin didn't know about it and I hadn't told him about it but now he knows.
2016 Like 200i

2010 GMW 150cc

2005 Vespa LX150 cc

2007 Kawasaki 500cc

Jade422

• 2016 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 03:15:35 PM »
If not filled to the brim.... try opening the.gas cap after a run, do you here air sucking INTO the tank? Might have a gas cap or tube that is not venting properly.
I removed seat, and the tangle of venting tubes to the tank....played with that one way plastic valve found midway in the lines  and the gas cap. Blowing and sucking until things vented again.
Stig
Stig no didn't hear that but the problem has gotten worse so I took it to the dealer and they are going to be working on it hopefully it will be resolved soon and thanks for your time I will let you know what the deal was when I get it back.   
2016 Like 200i

2010 GMW 150cc

2005 Vespa LX150 cc

2007 Kawasaki 500cc

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 11:50:13 AM »
Thanks, that report will be a help to others with this issue.
I was never certain what I did to fix things --- when my tank started creating a vacuum while riding.
Shotgun approach to scooter mechanics.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Jade422

• 2016 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 06:41:46 PM »
It's been a week now and I finally got back my scooter they said there was more happening than meets the eye the accidental overflow was not the reason the scooter has been in giving me issues but the issues are not completely solved will keep you updated
2016 Like 200i

2010 GMW 150cc

2005 Vespa LX150 cc

2007 Kawasaki 500cc

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 10:49:28 PM »
It's been a week now and I finally got back my scooter they said there was more happening than meets the eye the accidental overflow was not the reason the scooter has been in giving me issues but the issues are not completely solved will keep you updated
Hello Jade,
If you are feeling an engine stumble, or hesitation, at a certain speed....I had the same issue.
The short answer to the fix was a new throttle body - installed by my dealer under warranty.
This is an expensive part....and the problem was not confirmed by the dealer until they obtained a Kymco Diagnostic Tool and plugged it into the LIKE's diagnostic plug-in receptacle which is located near the battery.
The Diagnostic Tool showed a fluctuation in the TPS (throttle position sensor - a part of the electronic fuel injection system) degree reading that indicated a fault with the Throttle Position Sensor....which was causing the engine to "hunt" - and the RPM's to fluctuate. The scooter slowed and sped up - rather than being able to cruise steadily at around 25mph.
Although some think EFI (electronic fuel injection) systems are full of problems - they are actually very reliable & it is easy to diagnose any issue if you use the proper procedure and tools. I love the EFI on the LIKE - quick starts in all weather - smooth running.

The problem with the dealer was, first: they would not ride the scooter at a slow. steady speed to feel the stumbling
                                               Secondly: they did not own a Kymco Diagnostic Tool

Once KYMCO USA service rep. stepped in -- the scooter was fixed with a new part. This took several months from start of problem >> to fixed scooter.

I do not think your low mileage scooter has an issue with the CVT belt, rollers, clutch - etc. UNLESS it is the grabbing and stuttering clutch at take off from stopped. That is something the owner can cause by glazing the clutch surfaces by too gently pulling away from a stop. It is easier on the clutch to give it a solid twist of the throttle when taking off. Then slow to whatever speed you want. Gentle take-offs cause the clutch pads to glaze and start acting up.
Your issue is nothing like this CVT problem.
A new LIKE200i won't stall at a light or lose power due to CVT (transmission) problems. Your problem is with the engine.

If you are still feeling a 'driveability issue' -- ask your dealer to check your scooter's engine performance with the Kymco Diagnostic Tool.

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Jade422

• 2016 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 06:34:39 PM »
Stig thank you so much for your time I truly appreciate it its shines some sort of light on what's going on with it and I will have it looked into its going in the shop again tomorrow and will give you an update on this issue
2016 Like 200i

2010 GMW 150cc

2005 Vespa LX150 cc

2007 Kawasaki 500cc

Jade422

• 2016 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 02:57:26 PM »
It was one more week without my scooter but its back and yes the problem is still there they replaced fuel injector and that's not it.... it will be going back for sure until its fixed
2016 Like 200i

2010 GMW 150cc

2005 Vespa LX150 cc

2007 Kawasaki 500cc

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 12:45:15 AM »
I did not think the injector was the issue, unless you fueled from a dirt filled can.
A reset of portions of the FI system can be carried out like this

These wires are found down by the battery. You're after the pink one.
Also, the throttle position sensor can be reset like this:
TPS Reset

Switch on and off at least three times, the ECU will adapt to the new throttle position setting, each action should be held for more than four seconds or ECU could fail to record the new position.

This info is from online subscription I have to www.cyclepedia.com - DIY service manual.

Surely they've looked for loose grounds, loose battery posts, bad battery, loose plug wire, bad plug. EFI is pretty dependent on a healthy electrical system to operate well.
And hopefully they have run your scooter with the KYMCO diagnostic tool attached - otherwise they might be taking a shot-gun approach to your fix.

If your electrical system is without issues (one owner had a couple of bad batteries from new) I have my $ on a fault with the throttle body.
Good luck and please keep us posted.
Stig
FYI - that black plug/socket to the left in his hand is the plug-in for the Kymco diagnostic tool.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:48:09 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Jade422

• 2016 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 01:44:00 AM »
I did not think the injector was the issue, unless you fueled from a dirt filled can.
A reset of portions of the FI system can be carried out like this

These wires are found down by the battery. You're after the pink one.
Also, the throttle position sensor can be reset like this:
TPS Reset

Switch on and off at least three times, the ECU will adapt to the new throttle position setting, each action should be held for more than four seconds or ECU could fail to record the new position.

This info is from online subscription I have to www.cyclepedia.com - DIY service manual.

Surely they've looked for loose grounds, loose battery posts, bad battery, loose plug wire, bad plug. EFI is pretty dependent on a healthy electrical system to operate well.
And hopefully they have run your scooter with the KYMCO diagnostic tool attached - otherwise they might be taking a shot-gun approach to your fix.

If your electrical system is without issues (one owner had a couple of bad batteries from new) I have my $ on a fault with the throttle body.
Good luck and please keep us posted.
Stig
FYI - that black plug/socket to the left in his hand is the plug-in for the Kymco diagnostic tool.

Stig I do believe it is the  throttle body as well so once again I will mention it to him feeling like a broken record at this point
2016 Like 200i

2010 GMW 150cc

2005 Vespa LX150 cc

2007 Kawasaki 500cc

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 12:30:20 AM »
Dealer isn't going to want to hear this - as the throttle body is one of the few pricey parts on a LIKE200i.
Most dealers would not carry this part in stock....shoot, most dealers have nearly no Kymco parts in stock!
Without the diagnostic tool that can 'see' some (not all) faults in the EFI he is using his best guesses, I think.

But then again, your scoot is new and under warranty - so keep making yourself a PITA until you find it runs perfectly for you!
I did, and it does, and has for over a year now.
Luck
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Jade422

• 2016 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2015, 04:00:59 PM »
I got the scooter back from the shop and the mechanic could not find the problem because it wasn't in code so I traded the scooter in for a 2016 Like 200 i I want to thank my dealer and the fine people at Kymco for making this transaction easy and possible....I will be posting a picture of it soon
2016 Like 200i

2010 GMW 150cc

2005 Vespa LX150 cc

2007 Kawasaki 500cc

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()