Author Topic: Windshield for People 150  (Read 1859 times)

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
Windshield for People 150
« on: September 28, 2015, 07:15:07 AM »
Hello everyone. I just purchased a Kymco People 150 and I am complete Newbie. I am 6 feet tall  and am planning on using my scooter for commuting to work 30 mile round trip. I would like to get a windshield but do not know what would work. I would like it to knock some wind off my hands (helps with cold weather) and would give me a pretty good bubble to ride in, but one that would not hurt fuel economy. Is there any brand made that would do all that? Function is first, fashion is second. Thanks.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
Re: Windshield for People 150
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 09:57:52 AM »
I am not the expert in parts & accessories, but I have found a limited selection to choose from for the bigger People (GT 300i). I would guess the alternatives for the 150 are going to be sparse as well. The basic mounting system that seems to be present in all choices is by the mirror mounts. You just need to know the thread size for those holes and then the rest is trial and error adjustment.
I used to take finding accessories for granted on the Harley's, everything you could think of was available (of course the last detachable windshield I bought was $375). I think there will be a couple of folks more savvy than I (on parts & acc.) that will chime in here before too long. Hope you get what you're looking for!

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 06:06:15 PM »
Puig makes the best windshield for threw iterate. Go to columbiascooters.com and search under people 150. That was the shop I used to work out of.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 03:59:20 AM »
Prima has a general purpose windshield that worked great on my P150. Got it from my local scooter shop, Scooters Of Boise. When my People was totaled, I transferred it to my current scoot and it works just as good there, too. You can probably find the Primas online as well.
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 06:27:56 PM »
Thanks everyone. I got a Prima Large windshield for my scooter. I really like the windshield. It is the perfect size for me and I wanted something to knock the wind off my hands. That being said, I do not recommend trying to install one. They are not really made for  a People 150 and take a considerable amount of tinkering to install. No instructions at all!
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()