Author Topic: Venox vacuum and coolant air bleed hose routing  (Read 3662 times)

1980hdsporster

• View Profile
Venox vacuum and coolant air bleed hose routing
« on: September 16, 2015, 09:32:31 PM »
Just replaced the motor in my girls 2004 venox. The original motor had spun a rod bearing and destroyed the crank. The bike is back togather however the Manuel doesn't cover the routing of the vacuum lines or the air bleed hoses for the coolant system, and finding the answers has been hard. Here is where i sit.

I have the two lines coming off of the intakes one front and I've rear, the rear has a t fitting and the little line runs to the petcock. The other line coming off of the t I'm guessing runs to the first canister under the side cover? There is also a canister down by the exhaust. It has a line coming off and up by the first canister, it ends in a Y fitting that I'm guessing then runs to the first canister and also the front intake? Is this correct?

Next are the air bleeds for the coolant system. Both are connected at the thermostat housing, however I don't know where they run, but the best I can tell it's too two v shaped fittings located on the carbs that have a hose connecting them togather, is this correct? The Manuel does not cover the routing of thease hoses and in trying to finish this bike up for her. Thank you for any help.

max oradea

• View Profile
Re: Venox vacuum and coolant air bleed hose routing
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 05:22:07 AM »
I wish i can help you buddy but i dont have a Venox anymore, the best way to get those correct is for someone who has a intact venox with proper tubing and give you reference. you are right the manual does not put clearly where the lines should go, possibly the front page of fuel section should have a diagram.
good luck and i hope someone with a intact venox comes over.

1980hdsporster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 06:21:28 AM »
It does have diagrams on the first page of each section, however it doesn't show what lines go where. I'm a Harley tech by trade, however never have I had to assemble any vacuum system that has been so complex, there is a small digram under the seat of the bike but it seems to be incomplete as there are more lines and connections then shown. Hopefully someone will be able to answer this question. The bike will start and run however it won't hold idle on its own and before I start to adjust the carbs I want to make sure the lines are right, also the two air bleed lines coming off the thermostat housing I want to make sure are right before I fill the system with coolant. So I can't run the bike to do any adjusting until thease lines are proper. Or the way I currently have then is confirmed. Thank you any way,

The bike has been a great bike over the years which is the reason I decided to fix it instead of scraping it. Just got to get the lines right then adjust it to run properly and I think she has many more years left in her.

Pebbles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 07:25:50 PM »
Yeah the emissions system on this bike is quite complicated  :o

I took a few pics and posted it here: http://imgur.com/a/1ZhGD

Regarding the two coolant hoses coming from the thermostat (Pics A1 to B2 apply) 
  • The hose on the left (hose #1 in pic A1.jpg) goes to the black Y connector on the LEFT side of the REAR carb (pic A2.jpg)
  • The hose on the right(hose #2 in pic B2.jpg) goes to the black Y connector on the RIGHT side of the FRONT carb (pic B2.jpg)

Regarding the vacuum hose comming from the rear cylinder
  • Rear cylinder vaccum port -> branches into (see pic C1) -> (1) fuel petcock hose and (2) hose going towards cannister #1(which is mounted near the top of the rear cylinder). This hose mates with the tiny port on cannister #1 right on the top. (see pic C3...it attaches where the green arrow is pointing)

Regarding the other 2 hoses on cannister #1 (pic D1)
  • The fat one goes towards the Y connector -> branches into (pic D2)-> (1) the front cylinder vacuum port and (2) a long hose that goes down and attaches to the cannister next to the exhaust (The skinny port on the top of that cannister)
  • The other hose I believe attaches to the gas tank vent near the gas cap (not sure about this since there are too many things in the way)

Let me know if you need any assistance :)

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 04:42:27 AM »
I SALUTE you!
very very detailed!

1980hdsporster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 12:31:03 PM »
Awesome, I had everything routed properly, but that was definitely the answer I was looking for. Thank you for taking the time to line that out.

I have the carbs off the bike right now, already did a full carb clean and they are ready to go back on, one thing I have been looking for is a new air cleaner for this bike. I know the one in there is at least 5 years old, maybe older. But all my normal sources for getting something as simple as an air filter don't carry that one. I did find it over place online but they wanted 26 bucks just to ship it, that was more then they wanted for the filter but still makes a20 buck filter 40 week almost 50 really. Any suggestions on this?

Pebbles

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 05:44:37 PM »
I SALUTE you!
very very detailed!

Thank You! :)

Awesome, I had everything routed properly, but that was definitely the answer I was looking for. Thank you for taking the time to line that out.

I have the carbs off the bike right now, already did a full carb clean and they are ready to go back on, one thing I have been looking for is a new air cleaner for this bike. I know the one in there is at least 5 years old, maybe older. But all my normal sources for getting something as simple as an air filter don't carry that one. I did find it over place online but they wanted 26 bucks just to ship it, that was more then they wanted for the filter but still makes a20 buck filter 40 week almost 50 really. Any suggestions on this?

Try these guys: http://www.epfguzzi.com/kymcobiz/parts/scooter_air_filters.html
Should be around $25 shipped if you're in the states!

I'm glad my post helped! There's only a few of us around so we must help each other out :)

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 08:17:09 AM »
5 year ail filter? do not even think about it. be patient wait for the new one to arrive, otherwise it will be all for nothing. they are good for 2 years, might be able to push it for 3 but if you think about it 25 to 50 for 2 years... its not too bad.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()