Author Topic: My 300gti has been in the shop for 4 months  (Read 9952 times)

carmen007

• View Profile
My 300gti has been in the shop for 4 months
« on: August 24, 2015, 03:01:55 AM »
Brought my 300 gti to the shop the end of March for dying while idle. I have been told that the wiring harness have been replaced so has the tps and whatever Kymco has told the dealer to do. Very frustrated not having my bike!! I did leave the bike while it is under warranty. Left message at Kymco no response.  Trying to figure out my next step. Do you think after 4 months they owe me a new bike or at least a really great deal. I really miss my People.
2013 Kymco People GT 300I
14g Dr pulley

2009 Schwinn Newport 150
2012 Genuine Buddy 125

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
Re: My 300gti has been in the shop for 4 months
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 09:46:10 AM »
Brought my 300 gti to the shop the end of March for dying while idle. I have been told that the wiring harness have been replaced so has the tps and whatever Kymco has told the dealer to do. Very frustrated not having my bike!! I did leave the bike while it is under warranty. Left message at Kymco no response.  Trying to figure out my next step. Do you think after 4 months they owe me a new bike or at least a really great deal. I really miss my People.
That is terrible! You bought it new from the place where it is being serviced? I would at least plead for something to ride until mine was fixed. Ask (with desperation in your voice)...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 03:02:27 PM »
Please get in phone contact with your area Kymco customer relations representative.
I did, he responded quickly to my emails and we talked freq on the phone until I had my LIKE200i property repaired under warranty. He lit a fire under my dealer.
If nothing else, he should be able to give you a good explanation about what is being done on your behalf.
Report back here please....
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 10:02:03 PM »
Unless it is real old a new wiring harness is not necessary. Initialize would probably fixed your idle problem and it would have taken 10 seconds not 4 months.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
totally unacceptable
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 01:31:27 PM »
The techs at your dealership were not properly trained.
If they were, your scoot would have been repaired a long time ago.
Get in touch with Kymco customer service. Let them know that people on this board and around the country are aware of their poor customer service.
You paid for your Kymco with your hard earned dollars and you as a customer deserve better.
Get on their ass and stay on their ass.
Keep us posted.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 04:39:14 PM »
From my experience working in a Kymco dealership and working on many other brands of scoots, some problems can be a major PITA to track down, but really on a less than 2 year old bike wiring harness? The guys at kymco are great, awesome helpful folks but for a shop to leave it up to them to figure out the problem is not ok, they can't see or test the bike. I ask for assistance and ideas from them sometimes but never expect someone 2000mi away to fix a bike over email or phone for me. I have argued with them before about which side the cam chain is on a GY6 motor and they were SURE they were right, and I was looking at the engine of a Like 200 taken apart lol. Lemon law varies in most states, but usually the bike has to come back a certain amount of times WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. So if the bike is in the shop for four months that does not count. At some point they have to ask themselves if it's worth working on it that long (if they actually are working on it) and pay a tech $15-20/hr rather than just replace the bike and write it off. I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with it, maybe you could bring up getting a new scooter because the riding season is coming to an end and you just need SOMETHING to ride before the weather goes to sh**.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 09:13:02 PM »
Brought my 300 gti to the shop the end of March for dying while idle....I really miss my People.

That's crazy.  Any updates.  At a minimum you are entitled to an extension of the warranty for the 4 months they had / have it.  You might want to negotiate to get a different scooter since it is so new. 
PaulC

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 12:58:38 PM »
Wiring harness my ass, it's the TPS sensor on the throttle body. Why is this issue always blamed on other parts when it's so obvious?

carmen007

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 10:56:03 PM »
I was told 2 week ago it was the map sensor. And part was ordered.  Still waiting.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

14g Dr pulley

2009 Schwinn Newport 150
2012 Genuine Buddy 125

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 01:11:32 PM »
I was told 2 week ago it was the map sensor. And part was ordered.  Still waiting.

Hope you get it fixed right and get back on the road.
Four months is too long to wait for a repair.
It would be classy if Kymco did something nice for you, like no charge for repairs and maybe a gift certificate or something.
Keep us posted on the outcome.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 09:12:49 PM »

Just for the heck of it you could call the Kymco parts folks and see if that part is readily available in the States. There's a toll free #. Talk to a human.
If it is still in Taiwan waiting for a box of parts to fill....that is one thing. But if it is sitting in North Carolina on a shelf, you'll know where the delay is. Your dealer.
http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com/p/factory
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Abner_Bjorn

• 5280 Scooter Group Rides on FB
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 09:50:47 PM »

Do you have it back?   How does it run?
Less chit chat, more riding.

carmen007

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 05:37:34 AM »
Update:
I called the dealer and they told me it is ready. But dealer said if i want it now i have to put a deposit down and when the warranty is approved by Kymco i will get my deposit back. so a decision is give them money and hope i see it back or just wait. From what i understand Kymco was no help. it was the map sensor and over 75 hours working on it. I called kymco and no call back.
14g Dr pulley

2009 Schwinn Newport 150
2012 Genuine Buddy 125

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 11:33:03 AM »
If the dealer wants 75hrs labor plus parts.... that will be 200-300% of cost of scooter!
Best to wait.....
Geez. Sorry for your troubles.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 01:37:45 PM »
This is absolutely INSANE! You should not have to pay for this. Looks like you will have to be absolutely persistent in getting Kymco US and your regional rep involved.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()