Author Topic: GS1 motor  (Read 3134 times)

06_typeS

• View Profile
GS1 motor
« on: August 17, 2015, 08:38:53 PM »
Hello everyone,

First time poster, long time lurker.

I recently had to do some maintenance to my KB 50 Meteorite and pondered the idea of a 150cc swap. After a lot of searching I managed to find that this scooter has the GS1 motor. Can anyone tell me f it is a variant or similar to a GY6?

Would a GY6 swap in with minimal to no problems?  I'm quite sure that my GS1 is a short case as I have a 12" tire.

Can anyone recommend me to a page or a site to do more research?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Pics for attention.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: GS1 motor
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 02:03:29 AM »
You sure it's a kymco? Never ever heard of the gs1.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

06_typeS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 06:10:29 AM »
You sure it's a kymco? Never ever heard of the gs1.

Quite positive, lol.

06_typeS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 06:16:19 AM »
Another Pic.

06_typeS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 08:23:45 AM »
I also found Kymco SC10AS, but still nothing much comes up on a search.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 06:27:30 PM »
Oh it's a ZX50!!!!!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 06:33:09 PM »
I would not touch a GY6, that two stroke motor has WAY more potential than doing a GY6 swap. Also the GY6 swap would cost $$$$$ and take hours and hours to complete with a lot of custom fab parts. Your scooter has a clone of the Honda AF16 engine (Honda "DIO"), and has a sh** ton of performance parts available.  You can tune that bike to go over 80mph with the stock engine block.

06_typeS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 10:56:01 AM »
Awesome, thats great.  I really appreciate the help.  Looked up Honda Gio parts and I got a bit excited, ha

The Scoots been running rough as of late. 

Long story short, I dropped the bike going around a traffic circle going like 5 km/h, rear wheel spun out in a rain storm and I did a 180*turn and laid it on its side.  Quickly picked it up but it hasent run right since then.  bought a new plug, new gas.  After I put the plug in drove it a few KMs and thought it was fine, restarted it 5 days later and it shut off on me as I left the driveway.  Regapped the plug from .06mm to .07mm and it runs great until about 60-70km/h the spits and sputter, also at idle it seems to run rough. 

I dropped by my local Kymco dealer and he told me to try and clean out the carb and it should fix my problem. 

Hopefully that will work, so I can begin the mods. ;D

06_typeS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 05:44:24 AM »
Well  bit of an update. 

I tore the Carb apart and cleaned it out well, re-assembled and the scoot started right back up.  Let it warm up and applied throttle, was about 75% when I noticed the miss was still there. 

So I went to remove the plug again.  upon removal of the coil, it snapped off.   So I was sure that that was causing my miss.

I had to wait the rest of the weekend before going in yesterday for a new top, installed it.  Started right up, took her for a drive and topped out at about 78 km/h with no miss.

Yay me, lol

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 04:41:31 PM »
Well  bit of an update. 

I tore the Carb apart and cleaned it out well, re-assembled and the scoot started right back up.  Let it warm up and applied throttle, was about 75% when I noticed the miss was still there. 

So I went to remove the plug again.  upon removal of the coil, it snapped off.   So I was sure that that was causing my miss.

I had to wait the rest of the weekend before going in yesterday for a new top, installed it.  Started right up, took her for a drive and topped out at about 78 km/h with no miss.

Yay me, lol

Haha nice !!! I love the feeling of fixing you're own stuff and getting it right, hardly a better feeling out there!!!

06_typeS

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 06:00:26 PM »
recently purchased a Techigas Type R exhaust, uni filter, and various sizes of jets. Stock is #85, decided to start at #96 and work my way down. After install took it for a drive. Great low end torque but lacked at top speed. Started to bog out between 60-70km/h

Checked up for a #94. Then for some reason it wound let start until I applied throttle. Had to play around with carb screws to get the idle up. Took it for,a spin, seemed slower. 

Anyone wanna let me know what size jet would be good for intake and exhaust? 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()