Author Topic: Performance Upgrade Part 1.  (Read 5103 times)

da808nanospeed

• View Profile
Performance Upgrade Part 1.
« on: August 16, 2015, 10:28:35 AM »
After 200 miles break in, I decide to do some performance upgrades on my Scooter.

1. Variator Kit plus Oversize Clutch.

After installing the full kit, Very noticeable acceleration gain. The top end gain about 3 mph, not much but at least now I feel like I start from 1st gear instead of 2rd if I am driving a stick shift car. For more power and top end, still need to get Big Bore kit, performance pipe,and bigger carb.

2. Four pistons front brake caliper

This NCY 4 pots brake caliper with caliper adapter and performance brake pads install directly on to the stock 240mm brake rotor. Now the front brake are so strong that i can easily do a stoppy. maybe or may not suitable for some people, for me I am loving it.

3. Quick Throttle

Stock Throttle is about 1/4 turn to WOT, with the Quick Throttle, only 1/8 turn to WOT. The throttle is like an On/Off switch, maybe or may not suitable for some people, for me I am loving it.

ravnus234

• View Profile
Re: Performance Upgrade Part 1.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 05:10:11 PM »
Thats awesome...im gonna do the same.  Where did u find the parts? Can u list the exact parts.  Did u change roller weights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

da808nanospeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 08:43:14 AM »
I got all my parts from my friend who was planning to purchase a Movie 150 back in 2013. He bought the Variator, clutch, and brake in Taiwan first, but because Movie 150's Retail was too high, he didn't purchase it, so he have this parts in hand and i bought it off from him.

Me and my friends are originally from Taiwan then moved to Southern California, we are into Scooter Racing and performance, we mostly do track racing at the local go-cart/mini bike track.

Most of the parts only can be find in Taiwan,  I do go back once a year for vacation and visit, next time i go visit might be March next year. Every time i go visit, i do bring back some scooter parts mainly for 2 stroke Dio scooters, but next time for sure i will bring back some 150 parts.

According to my friends, the Movie 150 variator is same as any GY6 150 performance Variator,  so you can just purchase any GY6 150 Variator. Clutch spring and triplet springs are also compatible except the rear Clutch, MOVIE 150's rear clutch is bigger.

Stock Movie's roller weight are 13g x 6. when i change my Variator, i put 12g x 6 match with 1500 clutch spring, I still need to tune it a bit, gonna try 11g or 10g.

If you need help finding parts, I can ask my friend's in Taiwan to see if he can ship it over, I already inquire some new performance Rear Shocks, hopefully will be here on October

ravnus234

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 09:18:56 PM »
Check out ScooterDynasty.com
They have everything in stock.  I dont know how I missed it.  Keep me posted on the build.  Im curious to see if the lighter weights will make u lose top speed.  Im in the process of taking all the emissions stuff off.  I feel that motor has 70mph in it.

ravnus234

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 12:39:12 AM »
I didnt wanna lose any top speed so i decided to just change the clutch springs to 2000.  I left everything else stock.  The acceleration drastically improved and top speed stays at 62mph. 

da808nanospeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 09:41:24 PM »
so did you changed center spring or the triplet springs or both?

ravnus234

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 01:16:56 PM »
i just changed the three clutch springs.  Gonna change the large center spring next

yodaismycopilot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 08:08:07 AM »
Check out ScooterDynasty.com
They have everything in stock.  I dont know how I missed it.  Keep me posted on the build.  Im curious to see if the lighter weights will make u lose top speed.  Im in the process of taking all the emissions stuff off.  I feel that motor has 70mph in it.

I'm a newbie thinking about snapping up a heavily discounted Movie at a nearby dealership. Sounds like you and da808nanospeed are not worried about parts availability. Is that correct? I wondered if it would be a problem since they apparently sold so few in the U.S. I can't find a single youtube one one of these. Thanks for any insights. BTW do any of you know the EXACT engine displacement on the Movie? Here in CA I need at least 149.1cc to be freeway legal, which I will need occasionally. 149.0 won't cut it. Website says "149cc" but they said the same thing about the 2014 Super 8 150 which was actually something like 149.4 or 149.7. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 08:10:09 AM by yodaismycopilot »

da808nanospeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 01:55:24 AM »
Parts are not too hard to find oversea, but in the US would be difficult.Most 150cc scooter are actually 149cc, so they are not really Freeway legal in California.
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/motorcycles/motorcycles
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 02:02:09 AM by da808nanospeed »

yodaismycopilot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 04:25:01 AM »
I'm a newbie thinking about snapping up a heavily discounted Movie at a nearby dealership. Sounds like you and da808nanospeed are not worried about parts availability. Is that correct? I wondered if it would be a problem since they apparently sold so few in the U.S. I can't find a single youtube one one of these. Thanks for any insights. BTW do any of you know the EXACT engine displacement on the Movie? Here in CA I need at least 149.1cc to be freeway legal, which I will need occasionally. 149.0 won't cut it. Website says "149cc" but they said the same thing about the 2014 Super 8 150 which was actually something like 149.4 or 149.7. Thanks!

I don't know if they changed this or if I was simply mistaken. The CA DMV Motorcycle Handbook says a "Motor Driven Cycle" is anything less than 150cc and cannot go on freeways. I had previously been under the impression that "Motor Driven Cycles" per CA law were 149cc or less. This is crucial because, for example, the older (2014 & earlier) Kymco Super 8 150 is 149.7cc and the Sym Wolf Classic is 149.4cc. Yet I hear people claim these are freeway legal.

Tiny

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 01:37:31 AM »
A motor-driven cycle is a motorcycle with less than a 150 cc motor size.
NOTE: You may not operate a motor-driven cycle on a freeway or expressway if signs are posted to prohibit motor-driven cycle operation.

Straight from the DMV handbook for you

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()