Author Topic: Kymco Movie 150 (Racing 150) review  (Read 7418 times)

da808nanospeed

• View Profile
Kymco Movie 150 (Racing 150) review
« on: August 10, 2015, 07:47:43 AM »
Hey guys, I recently purchased a Movie 150, It is an awesome Scooter. It looks Nice, great power and good handling for a stock 150cc scooter.

In Taiwan, they actually has 3 different models: RACING 125, RACING 150, and RACING KING 180. Early model pre 2010 is actually carbureted just like the US model Movie 150, then post 2010 is all fuel injected.

The Racing 150 is actually one of the popular race scooter use for track racing in Taiwan, therefore there are TONS of performance parts made for it in Taiwan, but unfortunately not in the US. It is possible some of GY6 parts might fit, like pipes, manifold, variator etc.

I am currently breaking in the engine (only put 50 miles on it), After that I will starts to mod it. I will share some info and DIY in the future, hopefully will be useful for you guys.

da808nanospeed

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Movie 150 (Racing 150) review
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 08:20:17 AM »
Here are some pictures of my Scooter. So far, I removed all the US DOT required 15" apart signal lights, also enabled the front and rear turn signal lights and removed rear mud flap then installed Fender Eliminator. I change the front cover to black to match the Taiwanese Domestic Market Orange Racing 150.

Driller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 02:23:52 PM »
Looking good! I am enjoying mine tremendously. Shame they did not keep such a kick ass scooter in the USA line up.

da808nanospeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 11:53:01 PM »
Thank you for the compliment . I hope more people will share some pictures and mods of their scooters on the forum.

smada3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 03:02:21 PM »
Looks great my Movie is two weeks old so I'm still breaking it in.  I am in the process of removing the plastic under the rear brake light and re-positioning my license plate. Any advice would be great since I don't know how to activate my rear internal turn signals.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 06:41:48 PM »
That is one sharp scooter! Love the rear fender!
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

da808nanospeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 01:13:57 AM »
Looks great my Movie is two weeks old so I'm still breaking it in.  I am in the process of removing the plastic under the rear brake light and re-positioning my license plate. Any advice would be great since I don't know how to activate my rear internal turn signals.

To re positioning the license plate, just get a steel bracket that already have pre drilled hole from home depot, when you remove the stock rear fender, you will see a plastic hole in the bottom middle of the rear light housing, just simply mount the bracket onto that plastic hole with nut and bolt and washer. TO activate the rear internal turn signal, you have to cut the wires that were going into the outside signal light, and connect it to the cutted wires to the bulb sockets of the internal turn signals
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 01:21:35 AM by da808nanospeed »

smada3

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 11:11:13 PM »
I used a steel plate from Home Depot and some angle brackets to reposition my turn signals and eliminate the plastic that held the license plate.  I'll try your tip tomorrow so I can activate the rear internal turn signals tomorrow. Appreciate the tip b/c it's been driving me crazy!

yodaismycopilot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 01:49:19 PM »
Hey guys, I recently purchased a Movie 150, It is an awesome Scooter. It looks Nice, great power and good handling for a stock 150cc scooter.

In Taiwan, they actually has 3 different models: RACING 125, RACING 150, and RACING KING 180. Early model pre 2010 is actually carbureted just like the US model Movie 150, then post 2010 is all fuel injected.

The Racing 150 is actually one of the popular race scooter use for track racing in Taiwan, therefore there are TONS of performance parts made for it in Taiwan, but unfortunately not in the US. It is possible some of GY6 parts might fit, like pipes, manifold, variator etc.

I am currently breaking in the engine (only put 50 miles on it), After that I will starts to mod it. I will share some info and DIY in the future, hopefully will be useful for you guys.

How much light does the headlight throw out in front of the vehicle for night riding?

yodaismycopilot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 01:50:41 PM »

I am curious what you Movie owners think of the headlight prowess. Does it throw a good amount of light out in front for night riding?

yodaismycopilot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 01:51:49 PM »
Looking good! I am enjoying mine tremendously. Shame they did not keep such a kick ass scooter in the USA line up.

How strong is the headlamp for night riding?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()