Author Topic: starting problem  (Read 1149 times)

brankulo

• View Profile
starting problem
« on: August 07, 2015, 08:24:27 PM »
i got 2011 model few weeks back and for past week it started acting up during starting. the issue seems weird as it does not happen every time i start the scooter. some times it starts flawlessly other times it gives me trouble.
here is what happens:
-i try to start using electric starter. motor starts but dies off in one or two seconds even if i twist handlebar a bit. than i am unable to start using electric starter. it turns over, but motor would not start.
-so then i do manual start. takes 2-3 kicks to get the engine running. i does not turn of on its own but as soon as i try to accelerate it dies off. i repeat this for couple of times and on 4th/5th try i am able to ride without engine tuning off. after that it runs properly.

but every time i am going to ride i have to worry if its going to start or not.
any ideas?
thanks

KYMCO2TCHLTNC

• View Profile
Re: starting problem
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 11:52:23 PM »
Try turning the key off to on and hit the starter, for me it seems to reset something when the engine is cold. I think if the battery cover is left off in the rain the wiring harness for the cdi may get water and the moisture may make it quit while running, until the key is turned off to on. Have you had it skip a beat while you are riding.

David Means

• View Profile
Re: starting problem
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 12:01:52 AM »
Hi, I have the same problem with my People 150, so will be curious to see if anyone can come up with an answer. I seem to have less of a problem if I wait the 2 or so minutes till the auto choke goes off and the idle speed slows down.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()