Author Topic: Quannon 150 stalling at idle,running rich,hard to start FIXED  (Read 6102 times)

subgeniusdude

• View Profile
Quannon 150 stalling at idle,running rich,hard to start FIXED
« on: August 03, 2015, 02:39:58 AM »
After 2 weeks of troubleshooting,I finally figured out what was causing my Quannon 150 to run poorly,which included not idling,stalling,missing,surging,and being so difficult to start,I would run my battery down.There is a vacuum operated fuel valve (petcock) on the bottom of the tank that supplies the carb fuel when its running.The top hose goes to the carb,while the bottom is a vacuum line that goes to the intake.The petcock was letting fuel into my engine from the vacuum hose,which is not supposed to happen but apparently the rubber seal inside was allowing fuel to leak past.I changed the plug,adjusted the valves,checked the resistance of the coil,tps, and auto bystarter before I figured this out.I temporarily have bypassed the petcock altogether until my new petcock gets here,and just come back from a 2.5 hour ride and the bike runs like new.Just wanted to share since there seems to be very little support for this machine.Bike only has 7500 miles on it,but I don't know the history of it and wouldn't think this part would fail this early,but apparently its very common (just check some of the Harley forums).So,if your bike won't idle,your oil smells like gas,it misses and surges on the highway,and its difficult to start,I would check the petcock vacuum line first and if you have fuel in it,there's your headache ! They are available on EBay for about $8 shipped,but I ordered the OEM one for $25.Happy riding and be safe !

Macswinford

• View Profile
Re: Quannon 150 stalling at idle,running rich,hard to start FIXED
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 03:18:50 AM »
This is most excellent. I have the same problem with my Kymco People 150. I've had the carb off 3 times and it's bedeviled me why it's running rich, stalling at idle etc. I suspected a vacuum hose issue but was unsuccessful in my search. Besides, a vacuum hose would lean the mixture, not enrich. This makes sense.  Now I have another avenue on investigation. Thanks for the tip.
Mac
2004 People 150
2010 Honda NT700V
Retired geologist
Columbus, Ohio USA

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()