Author Topic: Replacing 0.8A fuse on 12v charger  (Read 1352 times)

Groversmith

• View Profile
Replacing 0.8A fuse on 12v charger
« on: July 26, 2015, 03:01:55 AM »
Ok, for anyone whos interested, I finally replaced the blown fuse on my 12v charger. Here is the process I followed:

1) unscrew the eight black screws on the back of the cowl
2) gently pop off the blue face plate above the headlight
3) unscrew the 10mm bolt on the face above the headlight
4) unscrew the two screws inside the wheel well (on the black plastic side of the wheel well)
5) I unscrewed the four screws inside the glove compartment, but I dont know if this was necessary
6) carefully unpop the plastic tabs on the bottom of the cowl and pull the cowl away from the body
7) unscrew the plastic retaining ring from the back of the 12v charger
8} detach the charger at the rectangular quick connect
9) take out the old fuse by pressing the ends of the fuse holder inward and turning
10) the existing fuse is .87a 5mm x 20mm, i was able to fit a 1/4" x 1" 3a fuse in its place.
11) reverse the process
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:14:22 PM by Groversmith »

2wheelfun

• View Profile
Re: Replacing 0.8A fuse on 12v charger
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 08:57:58 AM »
Why are you messing with the frond end to replace a fuse in a charger? I'm missing sumptin here, my charger only hooks up to a battery with cables and that's the only time it touches the scoot if the batts in it. Isn't the charger fuse inside of the portable charger?

Groversmith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 09:12:34 PM »
The charger inside the glove box is attached to a small fuse inside the cowl. To get to the fuse, I had to take the front off. I dont know how else you'd get to it...

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 10:27:06 PM »
Are you aussie or a brit using funny English on us? Anyways I get it now, thanks for the clarification. Here in the USA we call that an accessory port or outlet. A lot of devices use that port/outlet w/o charging up a battery.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 11:19:51 PM »
Are you aussie or a brit using funny English on us? Anyways I get it now, thanks for the clarification. Here in the USA we call that an accessory port or outlet. A lot of devices use that port/outlet w/o charging up a battery.

I hear people here calling them 'chargers'. They just leave part of it out ( ie: charging Port/charging Outlet
 ). They use them to 'Charge' their phones( battery),etc. , that's all .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()