Author Topic: Quannon 150 secondary air system (SAS)  (Read 1922 times)

subgeniusdude

• View Profile
Quannon 150 secondary air system (SAS)
« on: July 21, 2015, 05:44:29 PM »
Hi guys,new here,just bought a Quannon 150 3 days ago,overall a pretty solid little bike but it seems someone has jacked with the secondary air system.On the side of my airbox,there is an elbow that someone has plugged,Im thinking there supposed to be a hose there that runs up to the reed valve located just under and left of the tank.Theres a hard line that runs from the side of the cyclinder head up to a small box here,and its been plugged.If you take the plug out,it seems to run better but its louder.Anyone have a pic or can give any advice?Thanks in advance !

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Quannon 150 secondary air system (SAS)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 06:06:00 PM »
Sounds like someone tried to eliminate the emissions system. The bike should have a sticker with a diagram of the vacuum emissions system somewhere on the bike, under the tank or seat.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

subgeniusdude

• View Profile
Re: Quannon 150 secondary air system (SAS)
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 03:32:42 AM »
Yep,found the sticker under the passenger seat and sure enough,it seems that almost all the parts are missing.Bike runs good on the road but idles at about 1000 rpm then quits.It quit on me at a busy intersection the other day,so I'm not comfortable riding it right now.Took the carb off and boiled the jets and it was clean as a whistle.Measured resistance on the auto bystarter and TPS and they are in spec.Even put a brand new plug in it and still won't idle right and the throttle stop screw is maxed out,so I'm at my wits end.From the fuel petcock on the bottom of the tank,there's a vacuum hose on the bottom nipple that goes to the rubber coupling between the carb and engine.Then on the upper nipple of the petcock,there is a slightly larger hose that runs to the fuel filter then out to the carb.I can't find a diagram of what its supposed to look like so does this sound correct ?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()