Author Topic: Hello, new 450i owner w/ mini comparison  (Read 1480 times)

Bratman2

• View Profile
Hello, new 450i owner w/ mini comparison
« on: July 15, 2015, 12:10:26 PM »
Just purchased a new leftover 2014 MXU 450i. So far I love it. Have a 2010 Grizzly 450 that I was going to sell but my wife asked me to keep it for her so we have two ATVs now.

Things that I really like about the MXU 450i compared to the Grizzly are tach, seems like right much more mid range punch, steering seems lighter in slow speed tight turns (maybe partially due to alloy rims and 24" tires, Grizzly has steel rims and 25" tires), ride is pretty much the same between the two.

Things I like about the Grizzly that the 450i doesn't have. Front differential lock, 25" tires and seems to handle higher speed turns better due to rear sway bar. Not a deal breaker with me since I have never been stuck or needed the front differential locked and try not to take sharp turns at 40 mph or more.

Why did I buy the 450i. One of the first four wheelers I ever bought was my grandsons Kymco 90. We are the third owner and it is a 07 model and seems very well built. Has been mostly trouble free except for having to clean the carb once.  The second owner had for several years used and passed on to two different children and no troubles what so ever. Got a very good deal on the leftover MXU 450i. Slightly cheaper than what some of the Chinese (Hisun, CFMoto and QLink) ATV sell for around here in near same size.

Too new to say much more right now. Mostly wood trails and yard work for our ATV and chasing the grandkids around on their two atvs.

I'll check in every so often with a question or comment and glad to have found this forum.
Thanks,
Glenn Taylor
2019 UXV 700i LE Hunter
2014 MXU 450i
2004 Mongoose 90 (grandson's)
2010 Grizzly 450

Wicked Al

• View Profile
Re: Hello, new 450i owner w/ mini comparison
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 05:13:26 AM »
Welcome and nice report on the MXU 450i. Good to hear peoples impression of their vehicles. I have a UXV 450i and it doesn't seem to give up much on the 700.

Bratman2

• View Profile
Re: Hello, new 450i owner w/ mini comparison
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 02:43:38 AM »
Thanks Wicked Al, I just put 15 miles on it yesterday and had a blast. I had been reading some of your race build. Very interesting and hope you the best! I can say with more confidence that the MXU is considerably more powerful than the Grizzly. Far superior brakes too! Since you have a UXV 450 and have right much experience with the UXV 700 are these machines dry clutch? I was thinking about doing my first oil change a little early. Says it came with 5w-30 from the factory. I am assuming it is dry clutch because that seems like a lightweight oil for a wet clutch. What do you use?
2019 UXV 700i LE Hunter
2014 MXU 450i
2004 Mongoose 90 (grandson's)
2010 Grizzly 450

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()