Author Topic: Technigas Silent Pro Exhaust  (Read 4365 times)

Berzerker1965

• View Profile
Technigas Silent Pro Exhaust
« on: July 10, 2015, 08:25:17 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I'm back. Thanks for all your prior help & advice. My warrantee is finally up and it is time to start adding the parts I bought last year. I'm reading a bunch of posts to get back up to speed, however I do have a quick question. Gonna start the process slowly. I'm gonna replace my rear
brake shoes soon and I believe I have to take the exhaust off to do it, so I'm gonna bolt on the new Technigas Silent Pro exhaust while I'm at it. The scooter is stock with unrestrict variator bushing. The extra jet I was given when I bought the scooter was a M82. I assume the one in the scooter is smaller. I will be unrestricting the exhaust by removing the flange inside the pipe and cutting the tip off the end of the pipe. Will the 82 jet be big enough or should I buy a few jets (86-94) & then start my plug chops.

Gonna keep a record of performance for each mod to help anyone who might need the info.

Thanks

Current
Kymko Like 50 2T
Unrestricted Variator Bushing.

Parts on hand:
Malossi Delorto PHBG 19mm Carb
Malossi 70cc BBK
Malossii Variator w/white spring & 6g rollers
2013 Like 2t
Derestricted bushing
So far...

Live for today for tomorrow we may die.

245luigi

• Baltimore, MD, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Technigas Silent Pro Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 03:38:25 PM »
You will never know unless you plug chop. Id get the jets you were talking about, start with the 94 jet and work your way down.

Looks like you will eventually have a similar setup to me
Currently:
2012 Kymco Like70
72cc Malossi BBK
Dell'Orto PHBG 19 AS Carb
52 Pilot Jet
92 Main Jet
W7 Needle, 40 Slide
2T atomizer + bushing
Tecnigas NextR Exhaust
TinyTach in Headset
2011 Kymco Like50 (stolen -> recovered)
PM's OK!

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 07:51:58 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I'm back. Thanks for all your prior help & advice. My warrantee is finally up and it is time to start adding the parts I bought last year. I'm reading a bunch of posts to get back up to speed, however I do have a quick question. Gonna start the process slowly. I'm gonna replace my rear
brake shoes soon and I believe I have to take the exhaust off to do it, so I'm gonna bolt on the new Technigas Silent Pro exhaust while I'm at it. The scooter is stock with unrestrict variator bushing. The extra jet I was given when I bought the scooter was a M82. I assume the one in the scooter is smaller. I will be unrestricting the exhaust by removing the flange inside the pipe and cutting the tip off the end of the pipe. Will the 82 jet be big enough or should I buy a few jets (86-94) & then start my plug chops.

Gonna keep a record of performance for each mod to help anyone who might need the info.

Thanks

Current
Kymko Like 50 2T
Unrestricted Variator Bushing.

Parts on hand:
Malossi Delorto PHBG 19mm Carb
Malossi 70cc BBK
Malossii Variator w/white spring & 6g rollers

Did you ever install the Silent Pro?  I'm curious how much power it gave you.
Denver, Colorado, USA 5,300 Feet Elevation

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM variator with 6 gram rollers
OEM 16mm carburetor

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 04:45:51 AM »
mclark if you want a 2T tecnigas get the NextR or the RSII
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 11:01:51 PM »
mclark if you want a 2T tecnigas get the NextR or the RSII
Planning on the Tecnigas Trek. A little more money than the Next R but makes a little more power and over a wider band. But I'd still like to know what folks have experienced with the Silent Pro.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM 16mm carburetor

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 03:47:56 AM »
mclark, link has chart comparing different Tecnigas pipes.  Silent Pro is better than stock, looks like good choice if replacing OEM exhaust, but down on HP compared to the others:  NextR, Trek, Triops.  Trek looks like good choice.  The way the power curve flattens out for Trek, more top speed than NextR.  NextR dies over 9000revs, I can see the Trek still has some life over 10000revs, gets 2nd wind.  I may get a Trek next, but don't know, I am very satisfied with NextR.

http://www.pedparts.co.uk/c/asset/tecnigas/tecnigas-standard-50.png
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 05:03:43 PM »
mclark, link has chart comparing different Tecnigas pipes.  Silent Pro is better than stock, looks like good choice if replacing OEM exhaust, but down on HP compared to the others:  NextR, Trek, Triops.  Trek looks like good choice.  The way the power curve flattens out for Trek, more top speed than NextR.  NextR dies over 9000revs, I can see the Trek still has some life over 10000revs, gets 2nd wind.  I may get a Trek next, but don't know, I am very satisfied with NextR.

http://www.pedparts.co.uk/c/asset/tecnigas/tecnigas-standard-50.png
That's the data that got me interested in the Trek. If I knew for sure that I would add a bbk, I'd just get the Silent Pro, but if the pipe alone got me the speed I want I wouldn't need the bbk

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM 16mm carburetor

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 12:34:07 AM »
Sorry, I realize now that you posted that link.  Thanks for posting the link, I thought it was great info.  Sorry, no personal experience with Silent Pro.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()