Author Topic: Front cover removal kymco agility 50  (Read 1798 times)

ldersch

• View Profile
Front cover removal kymco agility 50
« on: June 29, 2015, 08:35:49 PM »
Hi all,

I'm trying to replace my speedo cable, but I can't seem to get the front cover off. I have removed all visible screws, and it loosens, but does not come off. I've also noticed that I may have to remove the turn signal lights as well since the plastic completely surrounds them. Am I missing something simple? TIA!
Kymco 2018 Super 8 150cc

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
Re: Front cover removal kymco agility 50
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 09:51:03 PM »
Can you take the black plastic off the back & access it from there? I've had that off with 6-8 screws.
My wife never asked, " can you make it go faster?" until we bought a 4 stroke Moped. My reply, "yes dear"
2013 Agility 50 de-restricted with 72cc piston & head.
2-2005 Yamaha Zuma's 50cc 2 stroke bone stock

ldersch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 02:43:42 PM »
Can you take the black plastic off the back & access it from there? I've had that off with 6-8 screws.

Hi jay,

Yes, I tried that too, it comes loose, but not off. Seems to be held somewhere near the spedo, but I can't see any kind of fastener I need to remove. The manual makes it look so easy, but when I take out the screws as instructed, it's still a no go. I'm reluctant to pry too hard for fear of damage. I'm hoping there is something simple I'm missing.
Kymco 2018 Super 8 150cc

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 11:37:00 AM »
Ther is little taps you have to push down on the plastic.

MN_Scoot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 02:54:22 PM »
It's been a while since I removed mine, but i seem to remember a screw somewhat hidden from normal view I had to see when looking from below. I don't think i had to remove the signal lights.

Hi all,

I'm trying to replace my speedo cable, but I can't seem to get the front cover off. I have removed all visible screws, and it loosens, but does not come off. I've also noticed that I may have to remove the turn signal lights as well since the plastic completely surrounds them. Am I missing something simple? TIA!
2007 Kymco Agility 50
Stock other than Dr. Pulley Sliders and derestricted from the dealer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()