Author Topic: B&W rebuild  (Read 5961 times)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
B&W rebuild
« on: June 27, 2015, 05:05:34 PM »
If been crazy swamped at work, and dealing with my own projects so been away from the forum. Here's what I've been up to on my Kymco.

Dirty engine out

New piston rings, polished the carbon off the piston and polished the skirts. Very slight scoring on the cylinder, going to replace with stock 250 cylinder next year. Cylinder head old and very tired, ordered a new OEM cylinder head and valves.
Mmmmmm shiny

Bike is back together and runs awesome, runs cooler than before. Still only 100km on new engine, so haven't tested power yet. Two oil changes and valve adjustments in. Also installed a Puig sport windshield, had to order from Europe but it rocks, and keeps a lot of wind off my body. I'll add pictures later.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 05:08:01 PM by BettinANDlosing »
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: B&W rebuild
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 10:21:07 PM »
Great pix!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: B&W rebuild
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 12:12:29 AM »
Scooters suck! Howard Stern Rules!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()