Author Topic: Girl 27 does a 31,398 mile trip in just over a year, riding a VESPA 250 GT,  (Read 4597 times)

Doc Wheezer

• Silently riding armed through the Mojave Desert.
    • View Profile
Update
As of  12 - 19 - 2017 Ms Yue Traveled a Total: 67,094 miles Including riding up to Fairbanks Alaska. On her Vespa 250 GT.

http://250superhero.blogspot.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Girl 27 does a 31,398 mile trip in just over a year riding a VESPA 250 GT, and she's not finished yet!
Riding alone, no advance crews or helpers.  Just herself, her Vespa 250gt and her sense of ADVENTURE.
    This story is about a young lady I had the great pleasure to meet last October 2014 while I was riding in Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area near Las Vegas.  I had pulled into a picnic area to get a drink and have a sandwich.  I parked next to a well ridden blue Vespa 250GT.  I had finished my sandwich and was heading back from throwing away my trash, when the rider of that Vespa showed up.  We starting talking about our bikes, her Vespa and my Kymco 500.  I noticed her license plate was from Rhode Island.  I asked her if she had shipped her bike out here.  'Nope' she replied, I drove it the whole way from Rhode Island.
My expression must have been that of "Deer in headlights" because she reaffirmed she had rode the whole way.  I knew, I had to talk to her about her adventure.  At the next hiking trail we both pulled off for some pictures and I suggested we get something to drink down the road in Blue Diamond.  This is a little bit I found out about Ms Stephanie Yue . She's (28y.o.) freelance illustrator under contract for children's books and has been able to work while on the road.
Check out her website at www.jellycity.com

She started her adventure in the middle of May 2014.  During the months before, she started to sell everything she owned and the stuff she couldn't sell, she packed away at a friend's house.  She does her illustrations when she has longer layovers.
     As of June 22, 2015 Stephanie has logged 31,398 miles on this trip so far on a Vespa 250GT  Total miles on her Vespa 42,623 !!  Mostly great riding and camping.  There were some hard miles in weather and wind traveling through northern great plains and Texas, where the high winds kept her speed to 50mph indicated despite having the throttle wide open.   
 Currently she has to travel from Madison Wisconsin north into upper peninsula of Michigan back into Wisconsin and across Lake Michigan on a ferry, continuing to Maine.
If anyone would like to follow the travels and adventures of this amazing woman,
she has a Blog

Stephanie was truly inspiring to talk to.  After wintering in San Jose, CA for a few months Stephanie stopped in Las Vegas on her return trip for HIGH ROLLERS WEEKEND in March. 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:11:15 PM by Doc Wheezer »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
OK, all you whiners, snivelers, cry babies and such, here is this snot - nosed kid GIRL riding all over the country on a SCOOTER and you sit at home. Get on your bikes and ride! Thank for the post, Doc. Between you and her, that should get them going!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
I was keeping track of her from
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 01:16:13 PM »
The start of her trip.
Lost track of her as she was leaving Louisiana. Lost her blog spot in my favorites somehow.
This little lady is tough.
Vespa should give her a new scoot of her choice for proving the dependability of their scoots.
Hope she does a complete article with pictures of her trip when she is finished.
Talk about iron butt!.
Go yue
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:19:56 PM by boo »
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Doc Wheezer

• View Profile
Re: I was keeping track of her from
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 10:01:21 PM »
The start of her trip.
Lost track of her as she was leaving Louisiana. Lost her blog spot in my favorites somehow.
This little lady is tough.
Vespa should give her a new scoot of her choice for proving the dependability of their scoots.
Hope she does a complete article with pictures of her trip when she is finished.
Talk about iron butt!.
Go yue

Just this week 06/25/15 I was in touch with Shane Pacillo sales and marketing for Piaggio Group Americas.
I wanted to make sure Piaggio / Vespa were aware of Stephanie Yue, her Vespa and the trip
They were, as a matter of fact.  Shane has met up with Stephanie twice on her ride, once in San Francisco CA and just last month in Austin, TX.  So, Piaggio / Vespa are well aware of MS Yue's adventure.
I think a New Vespa is a loooooong shot.

Take Care,

Doc

boo

• View Profile
Re: I was keeping track of her from
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 07:09:28 PM »
Just this week 06/25/15 I was in touch with Shane Pacillo sales and marketing for Piaggio Group Americas.
I wanted to make sure Piaggio / Vespa were aware of Stephanie Yue, her Vespa and the trip
They were, as a matter of fact.  Shane has met up with Stephanie twice on her ride, once in San Francisco CA and just last month in Austin, TX.  So, Piaggio / Vespa are well aware of MS Yue's adventure.
I think a New Vespa is a loooooong shot.

Take Care,

If I was head of sales and marketing for piaggio, I would jump all over yue and her story. What better advertising could be had?.
They are nuts if they don't give her a new 300 super and play it up!, big time.

Doc
300GTI black

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
Great story. The thing I look for first I couldn't find. As "tough" as these trips can be for the rider it not the hardest part.

Time and money are the determining factor. I'm sure there's a bunch here that would be on the road right now if life wasn't complicated with things paying the bills, lol.

Not a knock on the kids ride I'm just the curious type.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

boo

• View Profile
Great story. The thing I look for first I couldn't find. As "tough" as these trips can be for the rider it not the hardest part.

Time and money are the determining factor. I'm sure there's a bunch here that would be on the road right now if life wasn't complicated with things paying the bills, lol.

Putting money aside, my body would not hold up for that many miles.
That gal is my hero.

Be Big,
AMAC
300GTI black

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
Stephanie is "Cool", to say the least...

Doc Wheezer

• View Profile

Be Big,
AMAC
What were you looking for, that you could not find?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 02:00:47 PM by Doc Wheezer »

Doc Wheezer

• View Profile
Update
As of  12 - 19 - 2017 Ms Yue Traveled a Total: 67,094 miles Including riding up to Fairbanks Alaska. On her Vespa 250 GT.

LoupGarou

• View Profile
Re: Girl 27 does a 31,398 mile trip in just over a year, riding a VESPA 250 GT,
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 04:20:12 PM »
 8)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Girl 27 does a 31,398 mile trip in just over a year, riding a VESPA 250 GT,
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 08:20:08 PM »
A side note, in my opinion, is the Vespa 250 has done well so it should quell any fears that a scooter will wear out at 20000 miles!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

boo

• View Profile
if you want details of her adventures
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 01:45:10 PM »
check out her blog spot at "250cc super hero".
Personally, I think what she has done is amazing.
300GTI black

stuo

• View Profile
I heard she crashed and broke her collar bone.
2009 GV 250

Doc Wheezer

• View Profile
I heard she crashed and broke her collar bone.
Yes, it happen this time last year (2017) Stephanie was riding North of the Arctic circle

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()