Author Topic: New Puig windscreen available  (Read 3064 times)

Commscooter

• View Profile
New Puig windscreen available
« on: June 20, 2015, 05:47:26 PM »
I just ordered a new windscreen Puig has available for the GT300.  I had to order it from Motovation.com and it is not listed in their on-line catalog.  I was told by a sales representative at Motovation to email a request to sales@motovationusa.com and they would create a special page in their shopping cart, and email me a link.  They did just that.

The item number is 6848W.  It is $114 with free shipping and you can see info about it at: http://www.puigusa.com/tuning-bikes/kymco-people-gt300i-2013/windscreen-ts/c171en/f1-r277-m4070/

I have not received it yet but it seems they only imported a limited stock, so you may not want to wait too long.  I hope to update this post once it arrives and is installed.

bucray

• forever young
    • View Profile
Re: New Puig windscreen available
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 06:40:05 PM »
I finally got my slipstreamer installed on my GTI 300.  I had ordered it from JCwhitney, and received it in a short time.
The only problem was, I needed a 10mm adapter kit.  JCW didn't have them but, they suggested Amazon.  I ordered one from them and, about had a coronary when I received the next day.
Instalation was easy, took about an hour.
Will post pictures, but, being an old Florida rumdum, I can't figure out how to use my crayons online.
Will keep on trying.

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 09:52:52 AM »
Please give us an update with lots of pics when you get your windshield. I'm thinking about getting one myself.

Good luck and rides safe, mscmkr

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 01:01:43 PM »
Yeah, you guys, pictures! This is hot since Givi blew it.

Karl

PS I should talk! I am still neanderthal when it comes to posting pictures!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Commscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 05:01:35 PM »
Heeters Performance Center (Heeters.com) sent me an email indicating they have just two 6848W windscreens available for $124.22.  You might want to email Dave at david.heeter@frontier.com for a link to order if interested.

Mine is due to arrive Monday, 6/29/15 and I will update with photos after it is installed.

jelawton

• 2014 People GTI300
    • View Profile

bucray

• forever young
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 05:56:08 PM »
Yes.  But you have to order the 10mm adapter kit from Amazon.   When I did this,  I found I could have saved money ordering windshield from them.  I live in the Tampa Bay area,  where Amazon has a wharehouse, and received the part the next day.  Unbelievable!

Commscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 02:24:54 AM »
The windscreen arrived and I had it installed in about 15 minutes.  It is about an inch shorter and about 2.375 inches narrower than the older Kymco option.  I had hoped it would have a bit more rake to it as this is almost straight up.  That said, it really cuts down the noise and turbulence, for a much calmer ride.

Commscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 03:57:05 PM »
A close up photo so you can see the way Puig cuts the bottom to fit.

Mike Haynes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 02:43:55 AM »
Motovation tells me that the Puig windscreen are not available, but should be in stock in about 3 months.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()