Author Topic: Exhaust Mod  (Read 5026 times)

jc27

• View Profile
Exhaust Mod
« on: June 16, 2015, 07:08:25 PM »
Hey Gents,

I'm looking into doing the mod found here: http://www.youmotorcycle.com/kymco-venox-exhaust-baffle-mod-step-by-step-instructions-with-images.html

Anybody have any tips or experience with it?

Thanks!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Exhaust Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 08:33:23 PM »
All of the bikes I have messed with benefit from opening the exhaust. You also have to up jet in 90% of the cases to prevent running lean.

I would say between 2, and 5 steps up should cover your idea.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 12:08:35 AM »
I've worked on a customers Venox 250 with this mod done, most badass sounding 250 engine. I would love to have that 250 twin in a little go kart or buggy.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

jc27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 08:44:32 PM »
Buddy and I did it this weekend.  Was super easy, took us a little while to work out the baffles but it took maybe 2 hours tops (with lots of  beer breaks hahaha)

Sounds ridiculous.  Massive difference, throaty with a much deeper sound.  I love it.

Bike even seems to be running better, I'm finding my acceleration to be much more aggressive.  Although, that could all be in my head haha

Didn't have to adjust the carb, the small change in pressure didn't seem to have any negative affect whatsoever.  Runs like a dream.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 09:10:10 PM »
Glad to hear this.

Get a new set of spark plugs, and ride for a few miles. This will give you an overall view of the jetting. Better safe than sorry. I've toasted a few bikes.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

adri

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle News, Reviews, Events, Roads, and Rides
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 03:01:51 AM »
One of the best mods you can do on a Venox. Just make sure you keep those baffles in and only use the spacers as recommended. You don't want to mess with the backpressure to the engine.

jc27

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 05:02:17 AM »
One of the best mods you can do on a Venox. Just make sure you keep those baffles in and only use the spacers as recommended. You don't want to mess with the backpressure to the engine.

Did it just how you wrote it up, thanks for that.  Ended up only pulling out the baffles by a couple of mm, what a difference it makes.

The people in my underground parking garage must hate me now haha

mapasha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 06:54:17 PM »
Just bought a Venox 250 for my daughter.  She is a new rider.  The previous owner has completely removed the baffles. I love the sound but she does not.
Where can I get the baffles so I can put the bike back to factory exhaust.  Plus I am pretty sure it is running lean because it runs best with a very slight amount of choke on even when warm. I would be fine with buying the whole mufflers or even after market to get things quieter again.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 10:42:31 PM »
Kymco Parts Monster...  http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com/

They have an on line parts lookup. I'm pretty sure you can just buy the guts.

Welcome to the forum!

mapasha

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 09:13:30 PM »
They are showing the "Body Comp xR Muffler" for both front and rear cylinders. I think those are the complete mufflers. Anyone have insight on what the baffle part name/number might be?

jc27

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 03:10:36 AM »
I'm lucky enough to have a dealer here, you should check if there is one in your area.  At least here in Canada, getting parts from Kymco is incredibly easy.

iamacheat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 01:45:02 AM »
Tryed doing this last night... Drilled out the rivets got the baffles out about 10-15mm and wouldnt come out any more.. what am i doing wrong.. had to put 2 rivets back in to ride to work today...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()