Author Topic: 700i Exhaust 'Afterfire'  (Read 996 times)

ppd153

• View Profile
700i Exhaust 'Afterfire'
« on: May 30, 2015, 11:23:00 PM »
I've taken my 700i SP out on a few rides now and put about 100 miles on it. The machine spits and pops when I am going up or down grades and let my foot off the gas. I believe the correct term is 'Afterfire'. I've read this could be because the engine is running lean but it is FI so I'm not sure how that could be. Any ideas? Has anyone else had the same issue before I take it to the dealer to have it checked under warranty? I haven't had any loss of power or other problems. I have a carbureted Honda ATV that does it rarely but nothing like this.

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
Re: 700i Exhaust 'Afterfire'
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 10:27:51 PM »
Mine has been doing that since I bought it. I took it back to the dealer to be checked. I was told it is normal. Also my exhaust glows orange, that scares me also, again I was told that is normal. So I ride it and not worry about it.

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 11:55:33 PM »
I don't know yet what "normal" is for these machines. I know I had a Yamaha YFZ that glowed cherry red all the time and my Polaris Outlaw loves to pop and crackle under deceleration, these are normal behaviors for these bikes. It certainly isn't out of the question to be normal for the KYMCO.

ppd153

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 10:23:13 PM »
I spoke with my local Kymco dealer and they found many of these machines have the wrong throttle body on them. They are waiting for a shipment and will replace it. They said it will stop the after fire and increase power.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()