Author Topic: HELP - LED light issue  (Read 1165 times)

Budz

• View Profile
HELP - LED light issue
« on: May 25, 2015, 08:52:09 PM »
I replaced my tail light with an LED bulb and added the flasher relay for LED bulbs. Coming home today the rear light was on but the brake light did not work, turned the scooter off and restarted it 10 minutes later and everything works again.
I am thinking a loose connection at the relay since the tail light worked but not the brake light. What are your thoughts?

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: HELP - LED light issue
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 09:57:37 PM »
You don't need a flasher relay for the tail light, it just plugs in like stock. Just need led flasher for turn signals with LEDS
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

mrmike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 10:43:04 PM »
When I had my People 150, I replaced the tail/brake light with a LED. It worked fine without any relays or resistors. I was going to change the bulb on my GTI300, but after spending a hour trying to get to it, I gave up and put it back together. Why does the Tupperware have to be so difficult on these scooters. The amount of work to get to a light bulb is crazy. I have a factory service manual, but it's not very much help when it comes to plastic removal. Are there any other sources out there with pictures to guide in their removal?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:49:34 PM by mrmike »
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

Budz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 02:40:58 AM »
I have a back off flasher in the rear brake light

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 12:31:38 AM »
When I had my People 150, I replaced the tail/brake light with a LED. It worked fine without any relays or resistors. I was going to change the bulb on my GTI300, but after spending a hour trying to get to it, I gave up and put it back together. Why does the Tupperware have to be so difficult on these scooters. The amount of work to get to a light bulb is crazy. I have a factory service manual, but it's not very much help when it comes to plastic removal. Are there any other sources out there with pictures to guide in their removal?

On my LIKE200i I get to the tail light wires from under the fender, above the rear tire. There's a plastic panel that comes out - it keeps the area clean. I had to lay on my back with a flashlight to find it.
No idea how it is on your scooter.(yeah, I know ....I'm envious of how accessible are the front and rear brakes on my son's Honda bike!)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()