Author Topic: Agility city 50 2t help  (Read 1883 times)

dhrestak

• View Profile
Agility city 50 2t help
« on: May 20, 2015, 08:38:35 PM »
Hy guys, i have agility city 50 2t, it was fully derestricted and reached top speed 60/65. I decided to install performance exhaust and rollers and three small springs for clutch. Exhaust is gianneli rekord and i put 5.5g rollers (all 6) and tried with three different types of springs (motoforce blue, black and stock), the results i get are these:

1.Gianneli rekord exhaust on stock rollers and springs, top speed 60 (less than stock pipe), acceleration ok with jump from 20-40kmh
2.Gianneli with 5.5g rollers and blue springs - terrible start, lots of rev to start really slow, top speed over 70 but start was annoying
3.Gianneli with 5.5g rollers and black springs - slightly better start than with blue springs, top speed 65 approx

I am really dissapointed but i believe that things can be better. Please give me advice are the rollers too light? What springs should i use?Should i install something else to get the best out of my scooter.

I wanted to have better acceleration than the stock one and top speed around 80kmh but now i have acceleration with lots of rev slower than before and top speed same as stock. Scooter is 3000km and other parts should be ok, its 2 years old.

Help:)

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
Re: Agility city 50 2t help
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 10:06:13 PM »
I'm just starting to play with these scooter clutches but have played with snowmobiles for many years. Lighter weights in the variator will give you more rpm's heavier less. That said you want to tune to where your best power "rpm" is. The springs in the driven clutch will control the shift of the driven clutch. More spring tension you'll get slower upshift faster backshift/downshift. Less spring will load the motor by upshifting faster when you've gone to far the rpm's will drop. Try to find the sweet spot. If you live where there's a lot of hills you may want to stay on the heavier side with the spring for better backshifts for little better power on the hill. Hope this helps!
My wife never asked, " can you make it go faster?" until we bought a 4 stroke Moped. My reply, "yes dear"
2013 Agility 50 de-restricted with 72cc piston & head.
2-2005 Yamaha Zuma's 50cc 2 stroke bone stock

dhrestak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 12:09:32 PM »
Well there arent many hills where i live, i only wanted to get better start and acceleration and slightly improved top speed. With 5.5g rollers and hard spring i need too much revs to start and acceleration is slower than with stock rollers (8.5g) and spring. I have resonant pipe gianneli rekord. Maybe i should try with 6.5g rollers and stock springs, i dont know this is trial and error thing to make good setup. Has anyone tried changing only rollers and springs with resonant pipe on this scooter? If yes please say the right equation:)

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 07:57:33 PM »
Does your bike pull all the way to top rpm or past, the pull falling off as the revs still go up? Have it pull to your top/target rpm & hold there through the whole shift, from start right to top speed, is what your looking for. For example my 800 Skidoo produces 163hp @ 7800 rpms. If the clutch weights are too light it will rev to say 8300 & I can feel the pull/acceleration fall off after 78-8000 rpm's. Too heavy of weights & it won't reach 7800. You'd be better off a little under than over the target rpm's by a couple hundred where the motor produces better torque. On my sled I would be better to be at 7600 than 8000. Torque starts to fall off before top horse power. Torque is force/work, or how much of a push it gives, I can push this bike. HP is the speed of the work/force, I can push this bike 10 feet in 1second, or the "rpms". Sorry for the physics lecture but it helped me to see how things work together. If the pipe manufacture gives you a spec for max HP/rpm & you have a tachometer it really helps! Other wise it's by the seat of you pants, or you could time your bike from standing start to a 200 foot mark & compare top speed after making 1 change at a time. Good luck
My wife never asked, " can you make it go faster?" until we bought a 4 stroke Moped. My reply, "yes dear"

dhrestak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 08:54:06 AM »
Thanks for the explanation, i just want to find setup where i start right of the spot because right now i give revs it make noise and 1/2 seconds dont starts after that it starts and has a really bad acceleration. I will have to try different rollers-clutch springs to find the right setup..

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 12:59:21 AM »
It sounds like your rollers are too light. What I would do to start is make 3 timed runs from a standing start to 200 feet then average the times. Then make one change say from a 6 gram roller to 6.5, then three more runs & compare. Once my rpms/acceleration is were where I wanted/quickest time, then I'd move to the driven clutch & make 1 small change.  Now you'll not only have to check the upshift/timed run, but also your top speed & look for a your sweet spot, acceleration & top speed that you'll be happy with. This is a lot easier with a tachometer & a spec for max hp. This is the way I tuned my race sled a few years back before data loggers. It works well it's just time consuming! Good Luck
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:15:18 PM by JayAre »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()