Author Topic: MAN, THE LIKE IS A SMALL SCOOTER  (Read 3761 times)

0BARK4322

• View Profile
MAN, THE LIKE IS A SMALL SCOOTER
« on: May 10, 2015, 11:55:45 PM »
I was at the dealership this weekend and sat on the like 200 and wow.........small.......how can a six foot person do it >:(
ALL STOCK

HelloPitty

• View Profile
Re: MAN, THE LIKE IS A SMALL SCOOTER
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 01:20:03 PM »
I think some folks sit further back on the seat from what I've read.
Did you find a scooter that you felt fit you better?  I'd be curious to know which one you prefer.
My dad is 6 feet tall, would like to know for him.

ScootCoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 02:45:43 PM »
Reviews that I've read indicate the Like might not be the best scooter for a taller person.  I think it's made for the vertically-challenged like me, 5'6''...fits me perfect.

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 02:59:19 PM »
Im 5"8 and im about the tallest you can be to ride it imo.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 03:39:02 PM »
I'm 5'9" no problem. I've had my Like going on 3 years this July.

atxscooterguy

• Two Wheels is Better than Four
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 03:46:16 PM »
I was at the dealership this weekend and sat on the like 200 and wow.........small.......how can a six foot person do it >:(

I'm 6 foot, and while sitting in the usual location on the seat provides very little knee room, I find that I can still get by pretty comfortably on a 10-15 mile ride to work everyday. I was thinking about redoing the seat, but I can't justify pouring 200 bucks into a seat for a 2k scooter lol. Just grab cheap walmart cushion, put it under your butt & call it a day!
'89 Honda CBR 600
'14 Kymco Like 200i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 09:38:51 PM »
6'3", and rode with the knees in the air brake position for many months.
Rump goes numb in 22 mins.
Lived with that for many mos. then did a DIY seat rebuild with foam and SailRite 4-Way Stretch Vinyl ---- happy as a bleedin' clam on a cracker after that! NEVER think about the seat now. Bazillions of 'normal' sized humans in many countries LOVE this scooter! It is a great bargain & a very popular scooter!
Stig
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 08:26:24 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 12:59:52 PM »
I'm 6ft and it was necessary to sit back on the like on the dreaded hump and it's no fun ladies. My movie 150 is the same but with a padded cover and gel pad it makes it acceptable, huge improvement.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 12:03:49 AM »
I tell you, man that is a tight space but with the seat mod i guess it works for the ones that done it also it's a great price
ALL STOCK

Groversmith

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 09:21:52 PM »
I dont know what the big deal is. I'm 6'1" and I have plenty of leg room.There's a video of a 6'4" guy who manages to ride with no scraped knees.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 12:22:19 AM »
I dont know what the big deal is. I'm 6'1" and I have plenty of leg room.There's a video of a 6'4" guy who manages to ride with no scraped knees.
There you go!
If it fits - you gotta ride it!
Mine fit, it just hurt after 40 mins, max. (the bump in the seat pan)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 11:20:58 AM »
5'9" and no problem with "fit"... I think I am not too picky though. I just adapt to what I am riding. The Like feels fine to me.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 10:46:49 AM »
5'9" and no problem with "fit"... I think I am not too picky though. I just adapt to what I am riding. The Like feels fine to me.
If it works for you, then it's a great ride
ALL STOCK

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 11:50:06 PM »
Came across this old post regarding the ergonomics  of the Kymco LIKE.
I had little to choose from when trying on scooters when I  'discovered ' them at our large local dealer while looking at motorcycles with my son.  Drawn to vintage step-through scooters - I sat on a little Vino, a Metropolitan,  and the LIKE. ( there were some other uninspiring designed and decaled Kymcos present) Knee room is about equal on each, although the Kymco seat was second rate. The family and salesman had to work hard to talk me out of going with the obviously better quality of the Yamaha & Honda....
arguing  that, at 6'3", I  needed 163cc's to safely move me about in our community.
I hated to give up on those comfortable little beauties .....but after adding inches of good foam I am OK with the LIKE's seat and can sit back for better ergonomics.
I really enjoy my LIKE200I. ....but if the other two had been 150's, or even 125's....!!
I'm  past the point of constantly thinking I'm too big for a scooter intended for Asians** ....I  know I  am, and just no longer care.
Knees in the breeze Stig

**Made for Asians? Yep, look at this average sized guy on a MYROAD 700i....that pointy panel tip is aimed just below his knee cap!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 12:19:50 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 02:05:22 AM »
I find my BW rather tight too, especially compared to my SW. Different seating position though as the SW, my previous Reflex and several Burgman's were all recumbent. That position is very comfortable for longer rides but I find the upright Vespa position rather sporty. I don't expect barcolounger comfort with my Kymco but I do like the agile, nimble flickability of a 300 pound scooter.  If it was meant to be roomy it would be a Maxiscooter.

2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()