Author Topic: What main jet size are you all using?  (Read 6485 times)

peeps150

• View Profile
What main jet size are you all using?
« on: May 07, 2015, 06:20:21 PM »
Hello,
New member here.  I just traded my ps3 for a blown 2009 people 150.  I just put a 61mm big bore kit in it and she's finally running once again.  I also out a installed an aftermarket intake and muffler system.  For those who have aftermarket parts on their people 150, what size jets are you guys using? I have already tinkered with the carburetor as much as I can, I think she is still running lean on the 110 stock jet.

Heres my Cafe Scooter lol
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:40:49 PM by peeps150 »

peeps150

• View Profile
Re: What main jet size are you all using?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 01:32:46 AM »
Anybody? ?

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 05:34:21 PM »
The stock main jet on my 2013 Super8 150 is a #102. Hope that helps.
Wayne

peeps150

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 02:06:43 PM »
The stock main jet on my 2013 Super8 150 is a #102. Hope that helps.

TY wkreps.  My stock was 110, l just tried the 115 and it seems fine. I wonder if a 120 main jet would be too rich..

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 02:29:48 AM »
Welcome to the forum Peeps.  That's one funky P150 you've got there!  Not sure how much luck you'll have with your question.  I gather most of the P150 owners on this forum keep their engine stock.  Seems like most of the engine mods are done on the 50 cc scoots.  Good luck! 

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 11:35:11 AM »
Welcome to the forum Peeps.  That's one funky P150 you've got there!  Not sure how much luck you'll have with your question.  I gather most of the P150 owners on this forum keep their engine stock.  Seems like most of the engine mods are done on the 50 cc scoots.  Good luck!
You are right about that
ALL STOCK

scooterScotty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 07:38:13 PM »
I am a new member too glad to Join you all,
Dang i hope peeps150 is correct and he actually did install a Bolt-on direct bolt on 61mm Cylinder kit which should be 170cc or 171cc, but i was told that my 2006 kymko people 150 is NOT same as GY6 style motor-platform (very similar and close to GY6 tho), so the NCY 61mm direct bolt on big-bore kit will/May? Not work??-is this true, or can i get a easy-direct bolt on Big-Bore top end-Cylinder hop Up kit for my 2006 kymko People 150 scooter???
Another bummer is even if I can get my hands on the 61 mm bolt-on BigBore kits...rear end final drive trans-Gears i am told are also different-wont fit??? so no use on gaining xrta power if cant get any top end cruising speed also...

Hello,
New member here.  I just traded my ps3 for a blown 2009 people 150.  I just put a 61mm big bore kit in it and she's finally running once again.  I also out a installed an aftermarket intake and muffler system.  For those who have aftermarket parts on their people 150, what size jets are you guys using? I have already tinkered with the carburetor as much as I can, I think she is still running lean on the 110 stock jet.

Heres my Cafe Scooter lol

See also from Reddit.com
from r/scooters

Posted byu/Yalzin
2013 Genuine Stella 4T - "DonnaStella"3 years ago
Kymco Like 200i Big Bore Kit? Does this exist?

The mechanic at my shop just bought a chinese trike…and it just so happens we recently parted out a Kymco Like 200i. So he wants to make some unholy amalgamation by combining them.

Being "different" he demands to increase the size of the motor too…and asked me for a big bore kit. Any idea or leads on where I could find one (if it even exists?)
5 comments
50% Upvoted
This thread is archived
New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast
Sort by
level 1
IrideAscooter
modified Aprilia Sportcity 20062 points ·
3 years ago

Can't find cylinder kits for Like 200i but maybe a performance exhaust? Then a fuel controller and maybe performance air filter and variator.
level 1
pbae
2 points ·
3 years ago

The Like 200i uses a 60mm bore which combined with it's stroke makes it 163cc. A 61mm bore from Taida or NCY would make it 170ccs.

The Like engine is a solid unit but Kymco makes their own version of a GY6 and they make it pretty much impossible to swap out the final drive gear ratios because their gears are way different than what's out there.

I'm thinking of selling my Super 8 because I can't swap out the final drive gears so it's pointless for me to do some hardcore mods to it.
level 1
sidescrollin
1 point ·
3 years ago

Not to sound like an unhelpful  but the mechanic at your shop is a moron. Trikes are stupid and the 200i makes over 11hp, which is plenty.

I don't think that 163cc is very common, I can't even find a "name" for it, so a big bore kit is pretty much out of the question.

Honestly if he already has a chinese trike and wants to  around with it, why not start with a 150cc gy6 base and upgrade that? Parts are way more available, pumping the gy6 up to 18hp if you want.

With that time and money, why not just find a majesty or something to ride? Or a 650r...
level 2
Yalzin
2013 Genuine Stella 4T - "DonnaStella"
1 point ·
3 years ago

He got it on the cheap, and likes to do things people don't typically do. The trike currently has a GY6 motor on it, and he might go that route and play with it. His eyes keep wandering over to the 200i motor though, which is ready to be bolted onto something, and at no cost to him.
level 3
sidescrollin
1 point ·
3 years ago

Then he should be aware that it makes 11hp and that is it. Find a cheap or busted chinese scooter and throw the 200i engine in it.

thx mch,
scooterscotty

« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 03:32:07 PM by scooterScotty »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()