Author Topic: what kind of helmet or lid kymco bikers usually wear?  (Read 2600 times)

wikineon

• View Profile
what kind of helmet or lid kymco bikers usually wear?
« on: April 27, 2015, 05:17:26 PM »
Just curious ...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
Re: what kind of helmet or lid kymco bikers usually wear?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 05:26:21 PM »
I have three...a half helmet, a 3/4 helmet and a full face . Depends on where I ride (speeds,roads,etc. ) . I wouldn't wearmy half on the highway(80 mph)  ,but- will around town (25-40 mph) .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 08:32:19 PM »
Full face modular ( flip up) all the time-- because I share every road with large moving metal objects.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 08:57:27 AM »
HALF OR 3/4 HELMETS ;D....WHY ASK THE QUESTION HERE........************THIS IS THE FOR SALE SECTION*******AND WELCOME
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:39:23 AM by 0BARK4322 »
ALL STOCK

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 05:00:54 AM »
Mostly half helmet, cold months full face.

I like the look of this one and bought it and bought the darker pull down sun shield.

http://hjchelmets.com/hjca/iscruiser_iscruisersolid

Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

atxscooterguy

• Two Wheels is Better than Four
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 04:18:48 PM »
Just curious ...

I wear an HJC IS-Max 2 modular helmet (flips up). Solid white to increase visibility. And an added sticker on the back of the helmet to make me go faster.  :o

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/hjc-is-max-2-helmet-solid

Cost was $180, so far I like it, very comfortable, the lens always fogs up though (haven't bought the $20 insert yet - but will soon). I imagine once it starts heating up in Texas i'll want to switch to a 3/4 open face helmet. I've had my eye on one helmet on Amazon for awhile:

http://www.amazon.com/Origine-O528B-Pilota-Helmet-Bluetooth/dp/B00TPMJ9W4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1431706703&sr=8-3&keywords=origine+helmet
'89 Honda CBR 600
'14 Kymco Like 200i

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 05:23:23 PM »
I wear 3/4 hats for saftey reasons. I've been thru a bunch but found this one to be as comfortable as my Nolan that cost twice as much. I love this hat.

http://www.kabutousa.com/product/avand-ii/solid/flash-yellow

Can be found for about a buck and a half, great buy.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 07:16:42 PM »
You'll never find me in anything but a SNELL rated full face, why you ask? Because I enjoy not being a vegetable.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

AMAC1680

• View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 07:24:01 PM »
You'll never find me in anything but a SNELL rated full face, why you ask? Because I enjoy not being a vegetable.

Full face helmets are not always the safest. Matter of fact in some cases a full face can be a hazard.
Broad statements are not always accurate.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 07:51:59 PM »
Full face helmets are not always the safest. Matter of fact in some cases a full face can be a hazard.
Broad statements are not always accurate.

Be Big,
AMAC

Example?
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

AMAC1680

• View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 08:10:20 PM »
Example?

Sure.
Any kind on injury or say a cervical fusion that restricts full neck motion. The narrow feild of vision on most full face hats creates blind spots. A 3/4 allows far more peripheral vision. Certain eye conditions can cause the same issues. Therefore day to day the lack of view from a full face could create accident senerios

I see this a lot in the blown up kids I work with coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan. They still ride but many cant twist the neck as far as they used too. I have the same problem.

As far as becoming a vegetable. Full face helmets will provide far more face/chin protection but most injuries that would cause you to become a  quad would be a brain stem or rear blow. In those cases full or 3/4 offer the same protections.

Theres always two side to the coin.

Be Big,
AMAC
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 08:13:28 PM by AMAC1680 »
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 08:19:12 PM »
Sure.
Any kind on injury or say a cervical fusion that restricts full neck motion. The narrow feild of vision on most full face hats creates blind spots. A 3/4 allows far more peripheral vision. Certain eye conditions can cause the same issues. Therefore day to day the lack of view from a full face could create accident senerios

I see this a lot in the blown up kids I work with coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan. They still ride but many cant twist the neck as far as they used too. I have the same problem.

As far as becoming a vegetable. Full face helmets will provide far more face/chin protection but most injuries that would cause you to become a  quad would be a brain stem or rear blow. In those cases full or 3/4 offer the same protections.

Theres always two side to the coin.

Be Big,
AMAC

I hear you, still on the boat of more coverage more protection. I was being dramatic with the vegetable statement. Personally I never have felt like full face helmets hinder peripheral vision, I'm sure there are some out there that do, and this is something I look for in Full face helmets, good visor spread. I also don't like the idea of bashing my face/chin teeth on my headset or a cars hood in the case of a crash.

AMAC1680

• View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 08:25:18 PM »
I hear you, still on the boat of more coverage more protection. I was being dramatic with the vegetable statement. Personally I never have felt like full face helmets hinder peripheral vision, I'm sure there are some out there that do, and this is something I look for in Full face helmets, good visor spread. I also don't like the idea of bashing my face/chin teeth on my headset or a cars hood in the case of a crash.

Brother I knew you were being dramatic and my advice to anybody that rides is to try a full face first. I'll used a full face right up to the day of my spinal cord injury. When I managed to ride again I soon found that the full face would be a problem.

Personaly I don't care what the other guys wears or doesn't wear. I hate the helmet threads as they tend to become "soapboxes"

I'm on one right now, lol! ;)

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()