Author Topic: Hid projector project  (Read 832 times)

leo.portner

• View Profile
Hid projector project
« on: April 27, 2015, 04:12:08 PM »
On my old scoter (2010 sym joyride 125)
I did a big project and retrofited 2 projectors one for hi beam one for low beam.
The xciting mk1 has h4 hi/lo buld (hate them) any one tried a simmler project i have a fealing the wiring to a morimoto d2s projector and ballast will be a nightmare i tried putting a straight plug and play hid kit h4 solonoid bulb with slim balast ignitor and relay and culdnt get the bulb to fire up! I got the + fromthe red wire going to one of the relays in the front.
Any one running a hid kit?

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Hid projector project
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 04:36:47 PM »
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Categories/HID-Kits-and-Components/Ultra-Motorcycle-Kits
I've used these kits on many different bikes. Works like a charm. You want to run the Red wire to battery + to make sure you get solid DC power. I always use a toggle switch on the ground side so I can turn the HID off when the key is on but bike not running, they will kill your battery FAST. The 55w kit lights up the road as far as I can see ahead of me.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()