Author Topic: New super 8 new to forum.  (Read 1409 times)

colohawk

• View Profile
New super 8 new to forum.
« on: April 24, 2015, 01:28:49 PM »
Hey guys, just bought a brand new 2013 super 8 from a local dealer. i was wondering if any one could recommend an inexpensive helmet to helmet intercom system? The wife seems to think it's important to let me know when she wants to stop. (I know, I hate it when that happens). I feel I got a good deal on the bike, but I would have to use it for the getaway car in a bank hold up, to be able to afford the one the local dealer tried to sell me.    Brand new into the scooter world,  appreciate your help.   

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
Re: New super 8 new to forum.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 01:48:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Super 8.  It's a great scooter.  As for an intercom, you will get more responses if you post it in the general discussion section, not here in the Super 8 specific section.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 02:01:15 PM »
Agree with Klav. Welcome also. Lots of info posted in all areas of the forum if you have the time to peruse. Congrats on your purchase and what does your wife ride or are you doubling up on the S8?
Wayne

colohawk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 01:17:49 PM »
Hey Guys, thanks for the welcome. My wife and I will both be on the S8. My plan is to haul it on the back of our motor home, and use it to see the sights when we get to where we are going. Just hit 100 miles on it, so I am taking it easy on the throttle, but it seams to keep up with traffic here in town with us both on it. Speaking of miles I will probably hit 200 miles latter this week, any suggestions on oil and gear box fluid? I live in the foothills of the Colorado mountains, cold mornings 35-40 afternoon highs 75-80 right now. I"am thinking 10w-40? dose that sound right. Regular or synthetic? any help or thoughts  greatly appreciated.

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 03:08:14 PM »
Follow the owners manual for oil and gear oil (10w-40 sound right). I used Castrol products at first. I went to synthetic at 3500 miles (later than others have) but I wanted to make sure all was broken in well before the transition.
Wayne

Need for speed1988

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 08:53:33 PM »
I want to put a big boar kit  from a150 cc to a 170cc\180cc which you do you recomend

19basketball89

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 10:05:10 PM »
I live in Windsor, CO, so probably somewhat near to you and I put in 10W-40. Working well so far.

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 04:28:05 PM »
I use Rotella T6 5w40 full synthetic in mine.  I'll let you know how well it works after a I get few more miles on my S-8.  I've only got around 19,500 on it so far. :)  I used whatever weight gear oil the manual recommended in the final drive.  You may want to get some sort of syringe to put the oil into the final drive.  I use a plastic syringe meant for mixing 2 stroke oil that I got at Wally World.

The S-8 works surprisingly well 2 up.  Putting my wife on the back affects the handling of my S-8 less than any of my bigger bikes.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()