Author Topic: How much work is doing maintenance on the Quannon?  (Read 2322 times)

lolojohnz

• View Profile
How much work is doing maintenance on the Quannon?
« on: April 24, 2015, 12:53:27 AM »
I can pick up a Quannon 150 for $1500 but looking at the manual for the 125, the service interval seems kinda crazy at every 1200 miles. Do valve adjustments really require taking the plastics and fuel tank off? Seems like a lot of work and time for something so basic. How long does it take and can I use off the shelf tools to do it?

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: How much work is doing maintenance on the Quannon?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 02:31:56 AM »
It's actually a really easy bike to work on. If I found one for $1500 in nice shape I'd think about it. If you use high quality motorcycle synthetic you could do 1500mi oil changes. Valves are simple to get at, seat off then tank of and  and your there. Don't expect much top speed unless you change the sprockets. Fun little screamer tho, it'll Rev 10,000 all day.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

badjoke

• View Profile
Re: How much work is doing maintenance on the Quannon?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 05:58:15 PM »
I'll second that...it's so easy to do work on this bike.  If you have access to parts and average tools, you would never need to bring it to a mechanic unless it's something major.

Valve adj, prob takes 2 hours max when you get the hang of it. Oil change...like 20 mins.  All you need is oil, a socket set, a torque wrench, and a funnel.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()