Author Topic: Detailed instruction on cleaning gas tank vent on Agility?  (Read 2488 times)

MN_Scoot

• View Profile
Detailed instruction on cleaning gas tank vent on Agility?
« on: April 14, 2015, 03:18:29 PM »
I've been looking all over these forums and see plenty of posts instructing to check for vapor lock and then clean or clear the vent, but I'm not seeing instructions on how to do this on the Agility. Youtube doesn't seem to have a video specific to our type of bikes as well.

Am I missing a tutorial somewhere for the Agility? Is the venting system in the cap, or from one of the tubes at the top? Please point me to instructions on how to clean/check as I can't seem to find it.

Thank you in advance for the help!
2007 Kymco Agility 50
Stock other than Dr. Pulley Sliders and derestricted from the dealer.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Detailed instruction on cleaning gas tank vent on Agility?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 03:24:35 PM »
The vent is accessible by taking the seat compartment out. It's a little black round one way valve hooked up to a vacuum hose. Just disconnect the one way valve and route the hose somewhere higher than the gas tank.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

MN_Scoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 04:52:20 PM »
The vent is accessible by taking the seat compartment out. It's a little black round one way valve hooked up to a vacuum hose. Just disconnect the one way valve and route the hose somewhere higher than the gas tank.

So are you recommending just bypassing the emissions system altogether?

Is there a way to test and clean in case I want to keep that intact? Also, is there a vent in the gas cap of the Agility as well or just the one that you describe?

Thanks!
2007 Kymco Agility 50

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 05:16:56 PM »
I would highly recommend just ripping out all the emissions junk, it's tacked on after the bike was designed for us EPA emissions. Your bike will be faster and run better in all conditions without that cr*p on there. Because EPA says you cant have one bit of gas venting to atmosphere, there is no vent on the gas cap, it is required to vent into the charcoal canister and eventually be fed back into the intake. It is not illegal for an individual to remove this stuff, just has to be there to be legally imported and sold the USA (California screwed us all over). I don't know of a way to clean it, because I always just remove if there are any issues. You can just take the vent hose off the gas can and leave the rest of the emissions stuff if you like.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 01:15:19 AM »
A good way to clean a gas tank is.take a few ball bearings and toss around in the tank with gas and seafoam.shake well and rinse with gas after you take the bearing out.then put the tank back on the scoot and try it out.

MN_Scoot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 07:42:44 PM »
I would highly recommend just ripping out all the emissions junk, it's tacked on after the bike was designed for us EPA emissions. Your bike will be faster and run better in all conditions without that cr*p on there. Because EPA says you cant have one bit of gas venting to atmosphere, there is no vent on the gas cap, it is required to vent into the charcoal canister and eventually be fed back into the intake. It is not illegal for an individual to remove this stuff, just has to be there to be legally imported and sold the USA (California screwed us all over). I don't know of a way to clean it, because I always just remove if there are any issues. You can just take the vent hose off the gas can and leave the rest of the emissions stuff if you like.

Cool, thanks. I think I will do that this weekend. I was looking around for pictures/diagrams for this and found what seems to be a pretty helpful diagram. Hoping it's the exact same process for an a50.

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/bashan_2010/media/DIAGRAMS/vrs1.jpg.html
2007 Kymco Agility 50

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()