Author Topic: My test ride.  (Read 1808 times)

hgw75

• View Profile
My test ride.
« on: April 10, 2015, 01:14:41 PM »
Drove 300 miles one way to San Antonio, TX to test ride a MYROAD. Did this on my bike so it was FUN!!!!
Nice scoot, the power and smooth engine was fantastic , would run circles around my last X500, at 75 mph (speed limit on the nearby freeway) was low rpm, and much more left to go. I did shoot it up to 100 once, but don't tell any one!

Axcess  to do reg. maintance was great, under seat storage also. Only a few dislikes, so here we go.

1. The seat pushes you forward, no aftermarket for now so take it to a shop, not a big thing, but a must do.
2.  Wind shield is the oem small one allows a lot of wind, I had a large  after market on my X500, none for this one YET.
3 The mirrors would need extensions (cheep, after market can be had) was looking at my shoulders in half of the glass.
4 The price is somewhat LARGE, but they had a NEW 2014 for $7999.00, and there even better prices to be found.

Had 2 X500,at highway speeds not my ride, I mean the speed limit not more . Had a Suzuki Burg 650,yes I bought it used, and the belt broke, stranded and  a $2000.00 maybe price to repair never again. Now have a Suzuki C-50 , great bike,but I miss my scoot.  When the trade and money is right, A MYROAD will be next.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 02:21:34 PM by hgw75 »

sissy mary

• View Profile
Re: My test ride.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 03:48:20 PM »
Yep, nice bike but horrible seat, handle bars and forward foot boards way to close. Can't stretch out? Mirrors useless? Why would they do this? The X500 seating is about as close to perfect as you can get????

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
Re: My test ride.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 05:17:44 PM »
I test rode the BMW C600 yesterday.  Wonderful Bike.  Handles very well,  I'm 5-10 and seat and leg extension was good.  The handlebars seem narrower,  but got use to them.  Best thing is it shoots off like a rocket.  Heavier weight and wheel base is good on the many small pot holes after this winter.  As others have said,  these new big bikes are expensive and have not necessarily been popular sellers.  My biggest issue is my feet weren't flat on the ground,  but that wasn't a great issue on the road.  The biggest issue for me was when I got off of it and pushed it back into the parking slot.  It's really really hard to push and somewhat top heavy.  I'm a committed BMW man on my 3rd. BMW car.  I passed it up yesterday until I could check out the Internet.  A lower seat is available but it's like $525.   I would like to welcome a My Road ride,  but there are none locally.  I have had three Kymcos and only have two now.  I wouldn't have ridden it,  but my wife strongly persuaded me.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()