Author Topic: Compagno 110i seat size?  (Read 5250 times)

gitsum

• View Profile
Compagno 110i seat size?
« on: April 06, 2015, 03:04:31 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has tried riding with a passenger?  The seat looks thick and comfy, legroom looks good for rider and passenger, but is the seat long enough for two people?

I'm 160 and my wife 110, we both have small frames and don't mind riding two-up snuggled up close for medium to long distances.  But we don't really want to be crammed together uncomfortably to the point of misery.

All the specs say dual rear shocks, but the photos clearly show a single rear shock.  The first priority would be to replace that with an adjustable unit to make sure the handling is crisp and stable with two people at higher speeds.

After some much needed seat mods we have done extensive two-up touring on our current Tomos Nitro 150.  We also did some successful touring on a Honda Elite 110 with 8.9 HP and power and speed was not an issue.  After trying several larger scooters and small motorcycles, I regret selling the Elite 110.  Honda doesn't produce them anymore, and I find the lighter weight and slightly more power of the Compagno very appealing.
2012 Tomos Nitro 150 (made by SYM)
2009 Honda Rebel 250

h2ou8n4

• View Profile
Re: Compagno 110i seat size?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 08:22:08 PM »
I'm 175 and wifey is 100...we ride her Compagno 110i with her in front and it's easy and comfy. I set the shock on the middle position and no problems bottoming out.
When you're feeling mighty low
like your better days are past
Just take a ride in your underwear
and you'll feel better fast!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Compagno 110i seat size?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 01:07:57 AM »
I'm 175 and wifey is 100...we ride her Compagno 110i with her in front and it's easy and comfy. I set the shock on the middle position and no problems bottoming out.
Now that is a useful and pleasant little review of this relatively new Kymco!
We don't  hear enough about this handsome model.
Thanks for posting.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()