Author Topic: Visibility  (Read 1494 times)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

blue

• View Profile
Re: Visibility
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 12:01:38 AM »
the neon lights are great but some states wont let you do that. Here you just might get a ticket.the neon tape is ok.

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »
I do all of those things in the article, but violated #1 - my bike is matte black. Otherwise, I want to be as visible as possible while riding defensively like I'm totally invisible to the cagers. Can't be too careful!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 04:45:41 PM »
I do all of those things in the article, but violated #1 - my bike is matte black. Otherwise, I want to be as visible as possible while riding defensively like I'm totally invisible to the cagers. Can't be too careful!
A guy pulled up next to me at a light on the way home yesterday. Matt black bike and helmet, leather jacket and black jeans & boots & gloves.
Me, I looked like a bleedin' canary next to him. Even my Icon rain gloves have some yellow in them.
The only reason my helmet is white is because no one makes a 4XL modular, non flip-down inner sun visor, helmet in hi viz yellow. I'm hampered by big glasses and big (but striikingly handsome!) nose.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 06:18:17 PM »
A guy pulled up next to me at a light on the way home yesterday. Matt black bike and helmet, leather jacket and black jeans & boots & gloves.
Me, I looked like a bleedin' canary next to him. Even my Icon rain gloves have some yellow in them.
The only reason my helmet is white is because no one makes a 4XL modular, non flip-down inner sun visor, helmet in hi viz yellow. I'm hampered by big glasses and big (but striikingly handsome!) nose.
Stig

Better a live Canary than an ex-Black Bird .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 12:07:11 AM »
My scoot is a dark gray.So I think im going to get me a vest with orange tape on it to wear at night.

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 02:39:52 AM »
Stig
I, too, have the glasses problem so my helmet is white and my jacket is hi-viz yellow. I'm also doing the canary thing.

A guy at work asked me why I needed all that gear "just to ride a scooter", so I had to explain that hitting the pavement is all the same- doesn't matter how big or small your ride is, the road will peel your skin back just the same.
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 04:43:06 PM »
I live about a block away from a major corrider and from my porch I have a good view of traffic. M/Cs and scoot riders who wear those safety vests are noticeably more visible than riders without one. I wear one, it took me awhile to get into the groove of wearing it but I'm glad I have. I think they look dorkey but visibility and safety are paramount. $7 at local HF.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()