Author Topic: Sagging front suspension  (Read 11408 times)

ST/SV

• View Profile
Re: Sagging front suspension
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2015, 06:14:48 PM »
Been out of the pocket for awhile. Just wanted to get back after changing the fork oil. It seems to have made a small improvement but not exactly what I was wanting. I still think a slightly stiffer fork spring would help but finding one and if someone even makes one is the question. Found a company (CARPIMOTO) that sells some aftermarket springs for a Downtown but I don't even know if they share the same forks as the People plus not sure how much it is because I'm not sure what the country is the currency and how to convert it. So if anyone ever comes across some heavier aftermarket fork springs please post up. Thanks BettinANDlosing, de dee, and agilebda for the spec. sheet you sent me, for your help.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
have you noticed
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2015, 01:07:21 PM »
oil on your tubes?.
Sounds like you have an oil seal leaking.
Common problem with motorcycles and scoots.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2015, 03:05:31 PM »
You can, as a last resort add a little more shock oil to stiffen things up. Careful tho, too much will bottom out early.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2015, 01:14:08 AM »

took my forks off today , measured the oil in them and 25 ml. short in each of them,  in my 300i downtown it takes 185 ml. in each shock,  I put 190 ml. in and what a difference in the ride,  so much smoother,  should have done this when it was new,  de dee

ST/SV

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2019, 07:12:39 PM »
Been awhile since I’ve been on the forum. Since I started this thread I had to dig it back up to find some torque measurements so I thought I would just post my question here. I noticed my forks have a bubbling type noise when taking it off the center stand after sitting awhile. Reached up above the top of my caliper side fork leg and noticed the rubber cap missing on that side. Does anyone have some kind of part # or know a reliable Kymco dealer where I could order one? Appreciate any info.

Manzat

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2023, 05:55:50 PM »
Hello everybody,
Sagging of front fork.
I buy '(may 2021) a second hand Kymco GT300i with 7500 miles. On the road , if small hole or small bump , my front fork was noisy ( knocking) and i reach the the full stroke of the fork ( around 100mm = 4 inches). I put new oil SAE20 but same problem. ( I  know my own weight is around 200lbs !!!).
I took few measurements:
   Free stroke of the fork = 4 inches with spring found in place, ref : 51401-LGE5-E00 ; sagging with bike  own weight = 2 inches ; sagging with me on the bike = 3.2 inches .  So only 0.8 inch left for ridding.

I decide to put 2 stronger springs.
   New spring ( same lengh , same outeside diameter; wire diameter= 11/64 inch), ref ; 51401-LDH1-E00. Sagging with bike  own weight = 0.8 inches ; sagging with me on the bike = 1.5 inches , maximun stroke during heavy braking 3.2 inches.
Road test : no noise , even on holes and bumps. I am happy.
I hope this feedback  will be useful.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 08:55:15 PM by Manzat »

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2023, 06:15:53 PM »
    @Manzat  great, txs for sharing!👍👍
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()