Author Topic: newbie here looking at a 500i sp  (Read 1809 times)

coryjones

• View Profile
newbie here looking at a 500i sp
« on: March 15, 2015, 11:39:24 AM »
Hello everyone i am kinda new to the atv world and we are looking at buying a 2014 Kymco 500i sp had a couple questions. We testdrove this and got a out the door price of $8,799 plus a optimal $955 4 year warranty. It seemed like a decent deal then we came home and started doing some research and found out the sp id suppose to have a hard top hard doors light bar rear bumper and a spair tire this one had none of this. We went back to the dealer and asked about it and they said they didn't realize it was suppose to have all that and would get it all and put it on at no charge. I find that hard to believe but would get in writing. We are looking  to do mainly trail riding with some moving trailers around at home we are trying to move to the country so this would be more useful once we get out of the city. This one has door nets if they didn't receive the hard doors where did the nets come from? The bed mat is notched for the spare tire mount.

My questions are do all sp models have all of this?

This is brand new is the warranty worth $955 that's $240 a year.

Do the warranties  cover anything or is it a fight to get things fixed?

I had never heard of kYMCO until a few days ago are they as durable as say polaris?

Does the 500 have enough power to climb mountains or turn all four tires in deep sticky mud?

Is there a programer or upgrades that can be  done to add more power?

We want to add a winch front and rear would a 2500# do it or do i need to go to a #3500?

This is what is should look like

aaron8

• View Profile
Re: newbie here looking at a 500i sp
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 05:37:09 PM »
a base model unit will give you more bang for your buck. but at that price they are just trying to get rid of it. Do they have any other KYMCO models? i would put smaller wheels and tires on it for the 500 engine.

ppd153

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 03:24:26 AM »
It should have everything you've mentioned (spare tire, light, soft roof but not sure about the doors). I've owned a UXV 500SE for over 2 years. Living in Utah gives me an opportunity to take it on all sorts of terrain. It really depends on what you're looking for. This isn't a sand machine and it won't keep up with the 900's and 1000's. This is a utility vehicle which is best suited for trails. I have a blast on mountain trails, desert trails, and the slick rock of Moab. I've had it nearly vertical up and down at times. There are times it needs to be in low gear to get up steep trails but otherwise it will go anywhere. The ride is less than perfect and I'm looking for aftermarket shocks. I spent half as much on my machine as my friends and have just as much fun.

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 01:30:59 AM »
Yes sp has all the goodies. Should have had all of that stuff. As for programmers there are none yet. You can go to magnum tuning and get stuff for these like a rev limiter and a computer chip. I have been thinking about it. But looks like a pain, you have to pry apart your computer and solder stuff for the rev limiter. And you have to splice the wire on the t-map sensor for the programmer, which is really not a programmer, it just makes it run richer so it don't lean out while you go past the rev limiter. I have looked at a service manual and found all the info for which wire to splice but I'm waiting to see somebody else try these products. But I will prolly go ahead and do it towards middle of June. If it works I'll post how to do this. Or I'll be complaining that it killed my ecu. I hate being the test rat.

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 01:51:11 AM »
Should come with all below listed. (Pulled off the Kymco USA website)
No Kymco has ever come with hard doors.
The dealer is required to install the SP "Kit' as it comes separate from the unit. But the dealer should have the kit.
CJS

UXV 500 SP

*Note: MSRP does not reflect destination or other dealer vehicle preparation charges. KYMCO USA makes every effort to present the most current specifications and model features. Changes in equipment, colors, availability and specifications may change without notice or obligation. Some models are shown with optional equipment.
UXV 500i SP OVERVIEW

The UXV 500i SP with new aggressive body style, was designed to offer increased amenities to customers apt to use their UXV for recreational opportunities rather than utility purposes. And, like its brethren, the UXV 500i SP offers a 420-lb.-capacity cargo bed, 1,200-lb. towing capacity, 2-inch … [Read More]
FEATURES

499cc 4-Stroke DOHC 4-Valve Liquid-Cooled
    Electronic Fuel Injection
    CVT Automatic H-L-N-R-P with Differential Lock
    Shaft Drive with On Demand 2WD/4WD
    Backlit Digital Dash (fuel gauge, speedometer, odometer, trip meter, high beam indicator, neutral/reverse light temp light)
    Standard 2” Receiver Hitch
    Dual A-Arm Front with Fully Independent Rear Suspension
    Dual Disc Front/Single Disc Rear Brakes
    KAIFA High-Performance Shocks
    Manual Hand Parking Brake
    KYMCO-Designed LED Lights and Light Bar
    Mesh Driver & Passenger Doors and Rear Cab Net
    Black Aluminum Alloy Wheels
    26” KENDA Bounty Hunter Tires
    Half Windshield and Hard Top Roof
    Rear Cargo Net, Spare Tire Rack with Spare
    Two-Tone (red & black) Seat Covers
    C.A.R.B. Certified with USFS-Approved Spark Arrestor
    One-Year Limited Factory Warranty
    KYMCO Rider-Training Instructional DVD

- See more at: http://www.kymcousa.com/showroom/utvs/uxv500isp/index.html#sthash.lLqcFtpc.dpuf

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 05:56:38 AM »
I am fairly new to driving KYMCO's, but have been looking and researching them for some time. Everything I've heard is they are a solid vehicle with a good company behind them. Combine that with a lack of aftermarket support and that is why I chose to race them in the WORCS series and develop parts for them. I'm just starting, so give me some time, but I will be working through the suspension, bumpers, cage, seats and then motor/clutch mods. I have done two races so far, the first one on stock suspension and I absolutely beat the thing and it did the 45 minutes no problem, can't say I fared as well. Suspension is definitely a must.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()