Author Topic: Are you, too, a born again rider?  (Read 5064 times)

mclark999

• View Profile
Re: Are you, too, a born again rider?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 05:17:43 PM »
Nice story

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Denver, Colorado, USA 5,300 Feet Elevation

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM variator with 6 gram rollers
OEM 16mm carburetor

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 04:37:36 AM »
Got my first motor bike when I was 14. It was a Simplex Servic Cycle. I know some of you young fellows have never heard if a Simplex. Its the only motorcycle ever produced in Louisiana. USA. They closed up shop in the early sixties It had all of 5 bhp, from a two stroke engine and was belt driven and moved the power from the crank shaft to the rear wheel via centrifugal clutch. Top speed was a smokin 45 mph. Rear drum brake and that's all, except in a panic you could apply your left foot to the pavement. I've ridden every since. If my math is correct, since I am 75 now, that comes to 62 years and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I've ridden every style of two wheel vehicle made and I'm on a DT300i now. Thought I'd kinda start down sizing a bit in my senior years, Happy motoring.....

Mac, aka "ole two wheels"
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2016, 09:11:22 PM »
"Got my first motor bike when I was 14. It was a Simplex Servic Cycle."

Looks like a really cool old school motor bike! I bet you were the bees knees back in the day  ;)
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2016, 11:30:38 PM »
Yes sir, I sure had fun on the little bike. That was in the early fifties and all the boys were getting Cushman and Allstate scooters and I was begging my folks to get me one. My grand father, who raised me, was an old biker from the twenties and said he wouldn't buy me one of those scooters because they sounded like wheat trashiers and if you got stopped by a red light you had to go as soon as it turned green or it would turn red again before you could get the scooter rolling. He said if I get you any thing it will be a small motorcycle. Sooo I decided on a HD 125 Hummer and wound up with a used Simplex from the HD shop. I loved that bike. Wish I still had it. That was all I needed to get hooked on two wheels, and now 62 years later, I'm still riding.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

LidoCA

• I LIKE chinese plastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2016, 05:11:20 AM »
 My first motorized two wheeler was my 2013 Like that I bought in early 2014. I rode dirt bikes a few times as a teenager, but never got the hang of it or the desire. I raised a family and thought I should not die while doing such.
 Now the kids are long gone. I bought the scooter as a goof, thinking I would look silly on it. It turns out that I now have a passion for it.  I have been a bit cranky lately, as I have not been riding a lot in the last few weeks. Mostly due to painting projects initiated by the boss before holiday guests arrive.
 I am a new rider. (At least two and a half years worth). Not born again, but new is good too. Hopefully, I can finish these projects soon. The dealer is blowing out the Yamaha SMAX.  They are worth looking into as a new member of the team.
Steve
I have ridden well over 17 miles on my scooters.

2013 LIKE 200i LX.
2016 Yamaha SMax
2014 Yamaha Majesty
La Mirada, Ca.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()