Author Topic: Almost traded for MyRoad  (Read 1224 times)

bongoman

• View Profile
Almost traded for MyRoad
« on: March 09, 2015, 05:27:59 PM »
My LSS - local scooter shop - really wanted to sell a 2014 My Road after a year of waiting. So much so, it was discounted to $7100 with a decent trade-in allowance for my 09 Xciting 500. Which is a really sweet machine. I have it set up to fit myself.

I rode the My Road. Twice. It's smooth and has more torgue at hiway speed, of course. However, I like the Xciting more. It has better ergonomics. And it nice and nimble around town, and owns the ability to ride across the country. A good touring machine that I do prefer over my Honda Magna motorcycle.

The Magna has lots of power from the V4, and that same power plant generates a lot of heat in the good old summer time. Heat that's real close to sensitive parts. And it does not have a gas gauge, nor cell phone charger. And I can actually pack more on my scooter, what with saddlebags, topbox and trunk. I have s'camped - scooter camping - for up to 5 days on my scooter.

That My Road is sweet in its own way, however, it felt big and bulky compared to the Xciting.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

sissy mary

• View Profile
Re: Almost traded for MyRoad
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 03:50:09 PM »
I loved the bike, but the seat killed me. Also the handle bars and forward foot boards were way to close. Made for someone about 5 feet tall? :-*

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 08:27:50 PM »
Hi Sissy Mary, I don't know who it's made for . . . I felt the same as you described about the seat. However, that was not the deal breaker for me. Even on my Xciting 500, I had the seat re-done to fit me. And be more comfy. I did not like the way it handled; compared to the Xciting, it felt big and bulky like a full size cruiser.

And it was expensive.

See ya on the road, Sissy Mary. At least I hope to soon. Maybe at the North Texas Lakes Rally in May in Waxahachie.
2009 Xciting 500

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 04:13:24 PM »
Maybe next year. How many miles you got on your 09 now?  :-*

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 11:45:50 PM »
33,455 miles. And just added a Zard muffler. It made a difference. More power. Much better sound. Good looking. And it appears better gas mileage. Will post a pic in the next day or two.
2009 Xciting 500

desliderman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 07:28:18 PM »
My dealer has a white MyRoad discounted heavily.  I guess most of the people who come into his scooter shop aren't looking for a 700cc scoot.  They're more into the smaller buddies, Stellas or 50cc kymcos.

That being said, I didn't see enough in the MyRoad for me to want to upsize.  I think my Xciting does everything and more for me.

Plus I just can't get past the ugliness of the front end.  At least for me they are...

Don in KC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()