Author Topic: Headlamp disassembly  (Read 668 times)

ktienation

• View Profile
Headlamp disassembly
« on: March 04, 2015, 09:15:43 AM »
Hi,

Has anyone tried to disassembly Downtowns head lamp? I mean the front glued transparent plastic? What i need is to get to the reflector of the lenticular lamp.

The above is due to the fact, that in europe the lenticular lamp if used as low beam (high beam is the other, reflecotr lamp). As far as i know this is different than in the US version?

I ask this because i am afraid the reflectors behind the lens in my scoot are probably tarnished (the power and range of the light is quite poor, IMO of course) in comparison to standard projector lamps. The fact that i replaced standard halogen bulbs with HIDs didnt help a lot.

I will be thankfull for any advice, tips, fotos, etc.

Kind regards,
Peter

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
Re: Headlamp disassembly
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 11:45:12 AM »
I have no clue if this is even possible, would not think so that it can be done without breaking something. 

But I will tell you what I did with another headlight, that worked partially OK, not perfect, but much better than it was:

Take the headlight out of the scooter and fill it about 1/3+ with a soapy water solution through the lamp hole.  Then shake vigorously.  Rinse, and let dry with the lamp hole facing "up", or help it gently to dry with a hair dryer on low heat setting blowing through the hole(s)...

PS: If you have mold in there add a bit bleach, which will not hurt anyway.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Headlamp disassembly
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 05:05:18 PM »
   the headlights are sealed ,  front to back,.  if I was opening one I think a hot wire would be the best way, then you could re seal it,. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()