Author Topic: Matching tubes  (Read 1277 times)

Jeroend42

• View Profile
Matching tubes
« on: February 28, 2015, 07:48:17 PM »
Hey guys! I wonder if you can help me out with this. Today I tried to take out my carburetor, but when putting it back there were two tubes I wasn't sure about where they should go. The first one is the front one coming out of the right carburetor, and the other is the one that comes out of the radiator filler, that's called "air vent tube" in the service manual. Is it possible that it's the same tube? It's the only one I have left, but I can't really see why you'd want to connect your carburetor to your radiator :/

« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:51:54 PM by Jeroend42 »

Johnathangrantj

• View Profile
Re: Matching tubes
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 05:25:21 PM »
if you still need i can send pictures of all the vacuum lines on my bike, im thinking i may have to remove the carbs as well so i photographed everything to know exactly where everything goes back.  Let me know.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 05:01:48 AM »
The best I can tell from pic on the left, the left tube should have a curved bend in it from having to attach horizontally coming straight up from the bottom. The tube on the right shouldn't have a bend because it attaches straight up vertically coming from the bottom. Hope that helps.

1980hdsporster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 06:41:59 AM »
if you still need i can send pictures of all the vacuum lines on my bike, im thinking i may have to remove the carbs as well so i photographed everything to know exactly where everything goes back.  Let me know.

I'm in the same boat, trying to figure out all the vacuum lines and where the two coolant air bleed lines go, seems to me they attach to the carbs but to me that doesn't seem right, I just installed a new motor in the bike and need to hammer out thease last few issues. If you can send the pics to me as well it would really help, thanks

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 10:48:09 PM »
OH guys listen the pipe connected to the carbs are not vacuum or vent hose, they are actually carb warmers, it should be a closed system running back and forth the radiator, do not consider them to have a open end to air anywhere. if you recall when disconnecting them during disassemble a significant amount of coolant came running out. the only place i remember that the radiator vent/bleed is at the over flow tank. thats why the manual tell you to top up the radiator multiple times and run the engine till the fan kicks in then to adjust fluid level only by topping up or sucking out from the over flow tank.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 10:55:19 PM by max oradea »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()