Author Topic: Looking to buy this... Any advice???????????????????  (Read 5359 times)

AgileWhitey

• The captain sinks with the ship.....
    • View Profile
Looking to buy this... Any advice???????????????????
« on: February 01, 2015, 03:45:40 AM »
Just want to cut out he middle work... Does anyone have expierence with this product? I believe that this will be a quick solution for a new engine.

http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/139QMB_50cc_Performance.html

Scroll to:

GY6-100 complete engine!!!

GY6-100 engine with 50mm bore is now available in long case, long shaft model. Generally a beefier HD version of the standard 139qmb, but can use standard replacement and performance parts. This could be used in a short case installation, but is a couple of inches longer.  Get your slow scooter into the fast now!  $399.95

Hit me up with your opinion and advice!! Thanks guys you are the best on the net!!!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :o :o :o
The captain sinks with the ship..... (why am I the only one left swimming)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to buy this... Any advice???????????????????
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 03:57:38 AM »
It's a fair deal. You can build up the exact same engine on Ebay for around the same cost. So it's up to you if you want Scrappy to build it or build it yourself.

The only issue w/ the scrappy rig is you need to buy the manifold spacer 20.00, manifold 30.00, and carb 35.00. Nuther 85.smackers

It's a fair option if you don't want to build as I said.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 04:26:44 AM »
advice
Noting your North Carolina location . . might be prudent to monitor how legislative proposals progress.

AgileWhitey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 12:49:07 PM »
Tortoise I agree I have been keeping a close eye on the law changes... But what mama dont know Im willing to risk. And Zombie I couldn't modify what I currently have and run fine? I am sure your experience is greater than mine on this topic so Ill go ahead and heed your warning... Appreciate it guys 8)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 07:26:13 PM »
Tortoise I agree I have been keeping a close eye on the law changes... But what mama dont know Im willing to risk. And Zombie I couldn't modify what I currently have and run fine? I am sure your experience is greater than mine on this topic so Ill go ahead and heed your warning... Appreciate it guys 8)

There's a chance you buy that premade engine and it won't run right lol. It's a 50cc Chinese engine with double the displacement of stock. Not exactly a recipe for reliability. Zombie has that build and gets good use of if it, but he's also a pro engine builder. Idk about scrappy dog, I've got Chinese parts thru them before and had no issues. But as an engine builder? Ehhh ode rather do it myself and KNOW it was done right. I would sell the Agilty and buy a 125 or 150cc and go faster with more reliably.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 07:43:54 PM »
You can easily convert your 50cc to 80 or 100 w/ a cylinder kit/ gasket set/ carb/pipe for 100.00 bucks (200.00 w/ pipe), and have the same power. Mine is going strong after 4 years, and one new crank.
It's an easy build, and I'd be happy to go thru all the little tweaks that make it last.
B&L's suggestion of a 125-150 proper is the other route. There are weld on "kits" to adapt these engines to your frame for around 75 bucks.

The cool way to do it is buy a crapper 150, and cut/weld the frames together to get a short/low/long 150cc. maybe 250.00 into it. (you need a TIG welder. They are chromalloy frames.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 08:12:35 PM »
50cc Chinese engine with double the displacement of stock. Not exactly a recipe for reliability.
Examples

A stock engine has much better longevity odds, but it's still a "take your chances" situation . . such as this Kymco camshaft bearing failure.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 08:22:26 PM »
That's fair, I'm my experience the only stock engines I've seen fail drastically like that are due to lack of oil. Every single seized or blown motor that came in our shop (50-200cc) was destroyed due to the owner not checking / changing their oil. I've gotten to the point where all i have to do is open the valve cover and smell it's destroyed, zombie knows what I'm talking about haha. All those people that have cam bearing issues etc most likely did not keep an eye on the oil and went out WOT trying to go 40. I've seen my fair share of blown 4t bikes, and this is my $.02
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

AgileWhitey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 01:41:14 AM »
You guys have great points. I have no doubt in my ability to put it together but was looking to really just save time. I couldnt find anyone with and previous experience with this specific product. I suppose ill ditch this cause and go ahead and build it up myself. Im looking for a reliable fairly quick daily driver that I dont need to license....

I love the way the Agility rides and will be much better with a few more tweaks.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 09:34:01 PM »
Its saver to just buy the whole motor and hook it up and ride.I did the wildfire motor on my agilty and loved it. The law just changed in my state to a100 cc so now we can improve scoots better.I would just find the motor you want and plug and play.and drive away with less worrys.

AgileWhitey

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 01:47:49 PM »
I was tossed back and forth with my decisions. Ultimately I decided on buying the complete 80cc engine. picked up some other good parts also. As soon as we have warmer weather Ill get the swap done and post my results! Really looking forward to a plug and play faster option. Thanks guys!!!! 

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 12:52:54 AM »
Way to go Whitey! Just swap out the stators, and rectifiers. It will plug, and play.

Keep us informed!

AgileWhitey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 04:42:37 AM »
Ahh damn I was unaware of all that... Anyway will do... I have to purchase parts as of right now the stock motor wont charge... Just more parts no worries mate!!  going to have to knock out some research on those!

AgileWhitey

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 10:38:30 PM »
Does anybody know of anyone else that sells BBK crate motors for the A50?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()