Author Topic: People 150 belt  (Read 1442 times)

slug50

• View Profile
People 150 belt
« on: January 30, 2015, 07:37:57 PM »
How long should I expect the drive belt to last on my People 150? It is a 2012 and I have over 10,000 miles on it now and it seems the same as when it was new.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: People 150 belt
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 08:40:57 PM »
Mostly depends on your weight, no offense LOL. If your 150+ it'll most likely be worn past the service limit (19mm width). Ive seen a p150 with 12k on it but the girl must have weighed like 110 and the belt was almost like new. If you baby your bike off the line, it'll drastically increase the belt life, this is the hardest thing on the belt when the clutch engages HARD. If you have 10,000km it'd be worth opening it up with a spare belt and rollers, or even better sliders, at your disposal in the probable case that they are both worn out.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 08:42:40 PM »
Welcome aboard Slug. Looks are nothing. It's the measurement across the top of the belt that indicates wear.
Look up the measurements of your belt. I think it's something like 739 x 18 x 30 (just an example).
The wear limit is 1.5mm smaller, and the middle number is the width so if your belt measures 16.5mm or less it is time to replace.

Actually I would replace a two yo belt anyway. It won't hurt to keep as an emergency spare, and while you're in there take a look at the rollers inside the variator for flat spots worn into them. 10k miles is just about the time for servicing these areas.

LOL... What he said!!! posted at the same time. ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 08:45:02 PM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

slug50

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 06:19:51 PM »
I had the cover off last fall and saw no indication of belt dust or pcs in the area of the belt. I am over 300# and have never abused anything in my life, my bike gets excellent care. Guess I need to get a belt ordered and buy that elect. impact I have wanted for so long. Thanks guys.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 06:23:34 PM »
Quote:
 I am over 300# and have never abused anything in my life,

Oh Please...  ;D ;D ;D

Your new so you have to understand. I am the grain of salt that can't help but fly into open wounds.
No offense :-*
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

slug50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 04:59:09 PM »
Zoombie, sorry I didn't mean anything only that I am a full figured guy who treats cars, bikes, and tools like they can't be fixed or replaced. Since I am on the larger size I guess maybe I am running on borrowed time with the belt, thanks for all the input.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 07:13:44 PM »
Yeah, you can't really judge the belt by looks. You should order that electric impact and a mm caliper. Luckily, Kymco used really good belts so I've really never seen a 150 belt actually snap. Not to say it couldn't happen tho. My b&w belt snapped, but i RAPE my scooters and bikes and i was going 90 on the freeway, it just couldn't handle it with an old belt lol.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 07:52:53 PM »
No worries Slug, I'm the one that should apologize. I'm sorry brother.
I've committed this entire week to these "on line" classes, and Ive been using everything as an excuse to laugh or clear out the cobwebs.
I slept 12 hours last night so I see more clearly today.

Get yourself a belt. I'm having one as wee speak... This stuff is soooooo damn gooooooodddddd.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()