Author Topic: Fuel Sensor Wiring  (Read 758 times)

jbird

• View Profile
Fuel Sensor Wiring
« on: January 28, 2015, 07:17:15 PM »
I have an 84 and 85 Honda Aero NB50. Both have the two wire fuel sensors.  Is there any way to use the more common 3 wire sensors?  The two wire ones are hard as heck to find with the round retainer versus the square one, so if I would like to use a more common 3 wire.  When I connect the Green and Yellow from a three wire,  the gauge  works, but will only show half a tank, even with it full.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel Sensor Wiring
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 10:32:27 PM »
The green should be the ground. Hook the black, and yellow to your gauge, and the green to the frame. If that doesn't get it...
Have you hooked an ohm meter to the new float, and the old float? It could also be different resistances, and you might not be able to do it unless you change the gauge as well. A service manual should have the resistance value for the old float if yours is shot.

On a side note... Did Stig tell you this was a Honda forum? He lied.

No worries. We're all happy to help here.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

jbird

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 12:08:14 AM »
Havent tried that yet, but will give it a shot.  PS....I do have a Kymco also, but just picked up these lil Honda's and they actually are pretty quick lil suckas.....It says something when an 84 and 85 are still running strong....Thanks for the help,  I appreciate it ! 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 02:44:52 AM »
I just sold my last Honda NC50 a few months ago. I think one was 77, and the others '78's.

They were the most fun bikes I owned. I even used one engine on one of the J.J. West Coast Chopper bicycles. I ran the OEM Honda rear 20" rim on the back, and a 26" tubeless ten speed rim on the front. It was/is a bad ass bike. I sold it to an 82yo fella down the street from me.

Anyway... Keep us posted>
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()