Author Topic: Movie performance upgrades  (Read 7623 times)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Movie performance upgrades
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 04:30:30 AM »
Yeahhhhhh i have a whole crap ton of holes in my B&W airbox in that exact same spot, works great and didn't even get wet in torrential Portland rain storm with inches of standing water. I just meant you should do anything else first, then experiment with airbox mods so you only have to jet once. If its a toy, you could run a nice stage 6 pod filter and it would sound sick. But start with the holes, tuning an open filter cvk sucks. Back to the emissions stuff (don't tell the EPA I do this lol). Yes you take most of the hoses off but have to leave a few important ones. I don't exactly remember where the charcoal canister is on the movie, but anything that's a black box or cylinder and had vacuum hoses you can safely assume you can rip it out. Here, take a good picture of your under seat area (with seat bucket out) and I'll circle where to block off and take out, and what needs to stay. It's the same for every 4t (newer ones at least) and i think I did a write up on one here. If you attempt it, just remember to block off any vacuum lines that go to the intake. You'll hear it hiss if you forget anything.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 04:41:54 AM »
LOL>> " You'll hear it hiss if you forget anything."

That's what she said!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 04:43:24 AM »
Haha haha####@xxxxx!!!!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 05:01:54 AM »
Divorced three times mate... I've heard this "hiss' before... ;D ;D ;D
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ravnus234

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2015, 02:32:35 AM »
Does anyone know who sells performance parts for the movie?  I cant find them anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driller

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 10:18:52 PM »
I found this site.  http://japan.webike.net/KYMCO/RACING150Fi/6260/mtop/
Not a lot of performance upgrades, but a few that might help.
I just changed the original rollers to DR Sliders. Used the same 13gm weight to start. Very smooth. Might have actually gained a couple of mph on top. Off line it might be a tad slower. Plans are to get a set of 12gm sliders. Will try them and also try a blend of 12.5 by mixing the two weights. Will let you know the results.
This bike is so easy to work on. Access is easy-peasy. ;)

ravnus234

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 08:13:18 PM »
Ready to change to full synthetic.  Does anyone know Is there a oil filter or just a screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 09:47:04 PM »
Look down at the left side of the engine. Under the CVT cover there will be a tab cast into the crankcase. That tab has the engine code.

Post that up so we all know what engine you have.

Driller

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2015, 12:28:57 AM »
Will do as soon as I get home. Been away for a week. Getting a bit shakey not being able to ride. :o

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()