Author Topic: New 700i LE owner w/ issues from dealer. Missing items and concerned dbl charged  (Read 2807 times)

Molon Labe

• View Profile
I should say hello as this is my first post here so : 

Hello everyone!

I bought a 2015 UXV 700i LE back on Dec 12th.  I ordered a plow kit for it and being told it didn't include doors or the back, I ordered those as well as part of the deal and worked out a deal including installation of everything.

It took forever to get the accessories in and I finally had them deliver it Dec 23rd without the roof and windshield (as those hadn't come in it).  We were looking at snow over the Christmas holiday and weekend and I needed something to plow with.   They forgot the manuals unfortunately but google turned one up quickly enough.

Alas the snow stayed rain and temps were 33 degrees during the precip.

Today my windshield and roof finally came in so I drove over to go pick them up.  I was given the roof, windshield and a box with some stuff in it.  I asked if that was it and was told it was.  I asked about my manuals and they came back with a manual for just the UXV.  I would have thought the plow and kit would have come with something... perhaps a book for the winch as well?  Nope... ok.  I would

So I get home tonight and happily get to work installing the roof and windshield myself... first thing, there is nothing to tell me how to install any of it. 

It's fairly straight forward but I would assume it should have came with something... in any case, they didn't give me the hardware for the roof.  Just the roof and a cross bar.  Nothing to secure it with.

Windshield.... Is there a new windshield for the 2015 UXV 700i?  The bottom cut outs don't match the new hood design.  I think they may have given me the wrong one.  Also, there is a aluminum bar I got which seems to accept some weather striping for the top portion, I assume to close off the opening between the shield and the roof.  Does it come with that stripping normally?

My biggest question is, was I double charged?

Looking for the windshield, to try and see if there were any difference between model years (all I can find is mine looks just like the 2009-2013 model year one listed) I came across this:
http://www.kymcousa.com/showroom/utvs/uxv700ile_nc/index.html

It says:
"Full Windshield, Hard Top & Soft Enclosure"

It also mentions a DVD which I didn't get either.

Personally I'm livid right now.  I'd like to call Kymco first thing in the AM but I'm pretty sure they are only open on weekdays.  I'm calling the dealer first thing in the AM but I'd like to know what the score is before I go too deep with them.

Thank you for your help.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
First off, Welcome to the forum.

I used to work for a fella that sold Polaris atv's, and anything like a plow kit/winch bumpers/winches/light bars, ect are all aftermarket accessories. None of these are made by or sold by Kymco. So the missing bits/manuals for those are solely on the dealers shoulders.

Items like the soft sides, and doors are also aftermarket parts (in most cases). I have not researched this for kymco so more info on who supplies/manufactures these parts is needed.

The hard top, and windshield however ARE kymco parts so they will NOT come with assembly instructions. They rely on dealer knowledge for the proper installation. All of the mounting hardware should have been included either with the machine when it came in or in the cases with the parts.
My gut feeling is that hardware was with the machine, and was put into stock after it was assembled (dealer prep).

At this point a polite but firm phone call to the dealer is definitely in order. The fact of the matter is THEY should have assembled all of this. Warranty is the main issue here. If you do anything wrong, this could leave you holding the ball. Lets say the frame cracks while plowing, or the stater burns up using the winch... Who installed it? Who's gonna pay to fix it?   Guess again... YOU.

For the trim/weather strip... It's 5 bucks at Ace Hardware for 25 feet of it. I have never seen it on any split windshield for an atv.

I'm not attempting to take Kymco's side here. In fact I think your dealer needs a lesson in Dealer responsibility. It appears he was either lazy, or perhaps over booked. Maybe he had good intentions in letting you take the parts for install but mark my words... It will bite one of you in the ass.

I'd suggest bringing everything back to your dealer, and pay them a proper wage to install everything correctly. If something goes awry, you have a warranty, and a cause for action.
If that won't work out because of the dealer then Kymco USA has proven to be very supportive of their customers. Keep in mind, it'e the squeeky wheel that gets greased.

I hope some of this is helpful, and as a parting gift... Happy New Year!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Molon Labe

• View Profile
First off, Welcome to the forum.

I used to work for a fella that sold Polaris atv's, and anything like a plow kit/winch bumpers/winches/light bars, ect are all aftermarket accessories. None of these are made by or sold by Kymco. So the missing bits/manuals for those are solely on the dealers shoulders.

Items like the soft sides, and doors are also aftermarket parts (in most cases). I have not researched this for kymco so more info on who supplies/manufactures these parts is needed.

The hard top, and windshield however ARE kymco parts so they will NOT come with assembly instructions. They rely on dealer knowledge for the proper installation. All of the mounting hardware should have been included either with the machine when it came in or in the cases with the parts.
My gut feeling is that hardware was with the machine, and was put into stock after it was assembled (dealer prep).

Hi Zombie, thank you for the welcome.  The sides and back windshield may be third party but they do have Kymco ripper pulls and what not plastered all over them. 

At this point a polite but firm phone call to the dealer is definitely in order. The fact of the matter is THEY should have assembled all of this. Warranty is the main issue here. If you do anything wrong, this could leave you holding the ball. Lets say the frame cracks while plowing, or the stater burns up using the winch... Who installed it? Who's gonna pay to fix it?   Guess again... YOU.

For the trim/weather strip... It's 5 bucks at Ace Hardware for 25 feet of it. I have never seen it on any split windshield for an atv.

I'm not attempting to take Kymco's side here. In fact I think your dealer needs a lesson in Dealer responsibility. It appears he was either lazy, or perhaps over booked. Maybe he had good intentions in letting you take the parts for install but mark my words... It will bite one of you in the ass.

I'd suggest bringing everything back to your dealer, and pay them a proper wage to install everything correctly. If something goes awry, you have a warranty, and a cause for action.
If that won't work out because of the dealer then Kymco USA has proven to be very supportive of their customers. Keep in mind, it'e the squeeky wheel that gets greased.

I hope some of this is helpful, and as a parting gift... Happy New Year!

The only thing I have put on is the windshield and roof (roof using zip ties and zinc washers since I have no hardware yet).  Everything else was put on by the dealer, including the winch and plow mount.

"Pay a fair wage".  I already did, installation was paid for when I bought the machine and wrapped into the financing. 

The windshield is a full screen, not split.  It comes with bottom trim for sure, I can see it in all the pictures.  The top has a spot to slide in trim, I would assume, since they have bottom trim and the sides come with special attachments to try keep out as much wind/rain/ mud as possible the top should have something there as well.  Especially since it's made to accept something.

I just got off the phone with the dealer (they just opened) and I was told "Kymco sends out roofs without hardware all the time, sorry".

That really bugs me because as I was looking into my box of parts at the dealer last night (with same guy) I asked "Is this everything? There's not much in here."  He said, "yep that's everything".

Pretty frustrating I already mailed in my first payment and still don't have a complete machine.  Hell it'd still be sitting in their shop if I hadn't told them to deliver it without the roof the windshield.

If it's a genuine screw up from Kymco on parts delivery, it is what it is but it's the rest of the experience that has me very frustrated.

Kymco is closed today so I'm up in the air till Monday on if it's the right windshield.  No way it is IMO, all pictures of the 2015 700i LE on the website show a form fitting front, not the older 2009-2013 style on it with the cut outs for the old hood.

I went with Kymco partly because of price and partly because getting a bigger polaris ranger the first week of December of was impossible, Kymco dealer said "They have it instock at the factory in NC and it'll be here in 7-10 days".  The couple of polaris places all said it'd be after first of the year before they could get anything, everything was back ordered / presold.

As it turns out, I could have waited... who would have known we'd have had .02" of snow from Dec 1 to today....  >:(

Molon Labe

• View Profile
UPDATE:

Dealer called back, they confirmed Kymco sent the wrong windshield, it will be about a week to get the new one.  They are also sending new hardware for the roof.

Glad to hear they are working quickly on this.

I didn't mention the side doors and back and a possible double charge yet.  I don't want to accuse them of something if I'm mistaken or the Kymco website is outdated or something.

Anyway, feeling a little better now.

Hopefully I'll be posting some fun pictures of putting this thing to work plowing soon.... not that I want snow but I am anxious for my first plow, lol.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
I get it... You're like the kid that got a radio controlled helicopter that can fly people around but no one read the box... "Batteries not included".

I'm slow on the uptake but when it's time to fight, you don't have to go looking for me.

I'm happy to hear you have Something in the works, and I'm sure it will all pan out just as you expected.

Please keep us posted. It helps everyone down the road. ;)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Welcome and what Zombie said...ALSO do NOT forget to be spring-loaded to call KymcoUSA if your dealer appears to be telling you what you want to hear and then doing nothing. You can call the "head shed" in SC and the nice lady will kindly give you the name and Phone number of your regional sales rep upon whom you may unload about your dealer giving you the runaround. We here at this forum take a dim view of dealers who gladly sell stuff and then don't know you when things go wonky.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Molon Labe

• View Profile
Thanks guys.

Got our first 4" or so of snow here today and being 3 in the afternoon I was excited to get going and glad my first time out was going to be in the day light.

Or so I thought.

When I first got the UXV  I drove it around my driveway (circular in front of house and then 400~ feet to the road) and got the mail and parked it.  The snow for Christmas didn't materialize so I wanted to drive around the property and took off the plow using quick disconnect.

Before I took it off I did a general up down on the plow and at quick glance everything seemed fine.  Disconnected it and left it off till today.

With about 1.5" of snow on the ground I go out to the barn, hook it up, took all of 3 minutes and lowered the blade for the first plow... no go.  When they installed the plow they used the holes to set the blade in the upmost position.  To get the blade to touch the ground (barely) you had to bottom out the entire assembly leaving the mount dragging the ground.

A quick look and the problem was evident.

It wasn't a quick fix as the Warn Plowvantage has those heavy springs on it and they put a significant amount of tension on the setup.  Flash forward to 2 hours later and I disconnect everything, unbolt a bunch of stuff and the two springs put it back together properly for my UXV and struggle like hell getting the springs back on and in place.  Would have been nice to have all the resources of a shop and a another guy to muscle the things on.

So much for paying them to install the plow.... had I done it myself, it would have taken the same amount of time for the whole thing since I had to undo it and redo it.

Again, all of it without any manuals.  I can't believe warn would sell a plow setup without a manual.

Anyway, the plowing went fine and I would have been a lot happier if it wasn't dark by the time I actually got plowing.  At that point the snow was almost over and the winds were picking up.  Pushing 3-4" of medium density snow seems to be a bit of work for the machine.  I'd hate to wake up and have 6"+ on the ground.... that's another topic though.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
On the bright side it was only snow you had to plow. It could have been 6" of Frogs.

These machines are really not built for plowing deep/heavy snow. Heck... The giant city trucks suffer. I plowed for decades in New York, and even my f350 couldn't always keep up.

I agree it does suck the guy(s) set the plow up wrong. That's a bargain chip in your pocket tho.

Molon Labe

• View Profile
Just an update, the info on their website that says it includes all that stuff is "not current".  Interesting stuff, I don't think Kymco knows what the heck is going on down there.  The person I spoke to also swore the LE model doesn't come with a roof or windshield either... so I can't really believe anything from Corporate.

The proper windshield and roof mounting hardware isn't in yet, or if it is I haven't been contacted yet.

Otherwise it seems to be plowing just fine.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Thanks for updating. I was worried a snow bank collapsed on you, and the zip tie roof gave way.

Have faith. After all it is just a machine, and you are still alive and well (i hope).

On the brighter side... It's gonna be one hot damn summer!

twistedgrip

• DEALER- Ride Hard, Ride Proud, Ride Free
    • View Profile
Talk to your dealer personally, it's easier to ignore someone on the phone (which he should NOT do).  The  2015 model 700i LE doesn't come with all of the goodies like the 2014 was supposed to.  I likewise had a misunderstanding when I placed my initial order from Kymco.  I thought the 700i LE came with the roof, windshield, hard doors, etc but it doesn't.  Even the dealers got it confused but give us some time and we will get it worked out.  I'm located in central Arkansas and will do whatever I can to help any of you guys out.  Never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer but ain't an idiot either.

Twistedgrip :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
Perfect! A dull sword is way better than a sharp hammer.

You'll fit in perfectly.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()