Author Topic: Puig windshield  (Read 1098 times)

doxbike

• View Profile
Puig windshield
« on: December 18, 2014, 02:29:43 AM »
My People gt300i came with this windshield, but not attached http://www.puigusa.com/descargas/PUIG18465.pdf

Also included were 2 black rubber "shim" looking pieces.  PO said they go between the little OEM fly screen and the PUIG, but damned if I can see how/where they are supposed to go. They each have a little ~1" tab on the bottom with a same size detent on the opposite side.

Any help and where the hell they go??
Thanks

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Puig windshield
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 05:17:59 AM »
You have a pair of 'stabilizer bars" that rest on the head set to support the screen at speed.
Those pieces are shims but they do not stay on the bike. They are gauge blocks to adjust the space/preload of the stabilizer bars.
You insert those shims between the base of the wind screen, and the base of the kymco screen BEFORE tightening the stabilizers.
This moves the puig screen far enough away from the bike so as not to allow contact or vibration at speed. After it's all snugged down pull out the shims, and toss them.

I had a similar set up about a year ago on a BMW. The owner was Bat sh** insistent they were a part I forgot to install until he called the maker of the screen, and they told him what they were for.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 05:27:33 AM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

doxbike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 01:43:52 PM »
You have a pair of 'stabilizer bars" that rest on the head set to support the screen at speed.
Those pieces are shims but they do not stay on the bike. They are gauge blocks to adjust the space/preload of the stabilizer bars.
You insert those shims between the base of the wind screen, and the base of the kymco screen BEFORE tightening the stabilizers.
This moves the puig screen far enough away from the bike so as not to allow contact or vibration at speed. After it's all snugged down pull out the shims, and toss them.

I had a similar set up about a year ago on a BMW. The owner was Bat sh** insistent they were a part I forgot to install until he called the maker of the screen, and they told him what they were for.

Thanks. No damn wonder I couldn't figure it out. Are they inserted at the bottom or top of the OEM screen?  Wide end up or down?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 11:58:12 PM »
The bottom of the new screen. Just push them up till the ridges are in the middle, and that will set the spacing.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()