Author Topic: Kymco Venox 250 for sale  (Read 992 times)

VirtualGathis

• View Profile
Kymco Venox 250 for sale
« on: December 16, 2014, 08:18:51 PM »
I have a 2003 Kymco Venox 250 that I'm selling as a parts bike.

It runs, rough and ugly, but it runs. The battery is shot as my trickle charger burned out over the summer. The bike has around 30K km on it. I used it as a commuter for three years so it would need a lot of love before it was road ready again. Even more before it was decent.

I'm selling it as a parts bike so there is no misunderstanding that it is not running perfectly and not a shiny garage decoration.

Here are some pics and video:
http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/joeljoines/library/VenoxSale?sort=3&page=1

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco Venox 250 for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 10:12:54 PM »
It looks MUCH better than the description you gave.  Just for info, How much?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

VirtualGathis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 06:35:28 PM »
Oh I forgot to mention the bike is in central Virginia.

I'm fairly flexible on the price at this point. I'm moving soon and the new house has no shed/garage so it would be a rusty lawn ornament at the new place. Selling it locally failed so I thought I'd offer it to the collector folks before I sell it for scrap. I'd take it apart and sell the parts piecemeal if I had the time. The best offer I got was $500, but it fell through. Apparently there was someone selling a fully operational bike with less miles for $600. The problem at this point is that I can not guarantee the carbs have not varnished. I've kept sta-bil in the fuel and run it once a month, but the rough rough running started right when I decided it had been in the shed too long and tried to sell it. If they did varnish then rebuilding the bike would cost at least $400 if you had it done at a shop. The completely new carbs run like $300 per so most the folks who looked at it wouldn't take it for anything.

So I'd say anything more than the $250 the scrap yard is offering would be a decent deal.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 06:45:52 PM »
I really hope someone here jumps on it.
It's not a great bike by any means (even new) but they are a very economical bike to buy/run.

Your price is fantastic for a fella that wants to rebuild it. If I were in your area I would grab it up just for a project.
Good luck to ya, and thanks for sharing...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()