Author Topic: Starting Problem & Solution 250cc  (Read 1224 times)

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Starting Problem & Solution 250cc
« on: December 15, 2014, 08:33:04 AM »
PROBLEM:
Kymco Grandvista Grand Dink 250cc.  Always started right up.  Then one day it required excessive cranking for about 10 seconds in order to start.  Rest of the day started fine.  A few days later I had problems starting and this time I could hear that the motor was turning more slowly and the scoot would not start.  I hooked up jumper cables and it started instantly. 

SOLUTION:
Replaced the original 9 year old Yuasa battery with a new one and the scooter is back to starting instantly. 
PaulC

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Starting Problem & Solution 250cc
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 09:14:25 AM »
That 9 yo battery belongs on a wall of fame somewhere. It's equal to a 40 yo dog.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mrbios

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 06:45:13 PM »
Yes it does but... keep in mind that it never reaches freezing in san diego and I use my scooter year round so the battery is maintained under ideal conditions.  It's sealed so there is not chance the cells will run dry and because my scoot starts really easily the battery was still able to be used even though it only had 10% or less of it's original capacity.  Still I love to get a good run on something like that.

PaulC

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 10:15:30 PM »
No doubt!
 I've been married three time, and all together they don't equal 9 years. Plus they cost at least twice as much as a new battery.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mrbios

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 02:15:35 AM »
Zombie,
That was the funniest post I've ever seen.   That was the best and if it counts I have one marriage under my belt and it lasted barely three years.  And of course you're completely right about the cost!
PaulC

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 03:53:24 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D   ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()