Author Topic: Getting rear-ended OPINION  (Read 11222 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Getting rear-ended OPINION
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2015, 04:23:42 PM »
That's where I believe we are kindred. My family goes as far back as 2652 BC in Ireland, and is believed to be Nordic originally
"The surname is a mix of concepts, and thought to derive from old Norse. The Mac means son of in the higher form of Brennan marriage (Irish law). The Lóchláinn means land of the lakes, which in Norse is the home of the Norse gods."

I too suffer the fate of commoner even tho I am the direct line to "High King". Something to be said about that but I'm not quite sure what!
It makes me feel better to claim Kingship of my home tho. God forbid, anything happens out of line there... Thumbscrews, and hot tar for dissenters! Then they can play w/ the dogs if they still have a complaint. :o

I'll tell ya. I raised the best kid you'll ever meet.  ;D
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2015, 08:12:19 PM »
I'll bet you did, Bro...I'll bet you did ! Kudos to thoseofus who still care about manners and morals .    ;D
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2015, 10:02:48 PM »
It's almost all we have anymore. Unless a Ferrari counts for anything... naw... That just proves your good in the sack.

I'll stick to morals!

A buddy said to me, "Don't you want a woman to live with, and spend your time with?" This was about 2-3 weeks ago.
I told him I'd rather have a steak dinner, and a good bottle of wine.

How that applies here... I don't know. Just crossed my mind.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2015, 04:55:40 PM »
It's almost all we have anymore. Unless a Ferrari counts for anything... naw... That just proves your good in the sack.

I'll stick to morals!

A buddy said to me, "Don't you want a woman to live with, and spend your time with?" This was about 2-3 weeks ago.
I told him I'd rather have a steak dinner, and a good bottle of wine.

How that applies here... I don't know. Just crossed my mind.

Got the perfect woman for you. She can hunt your steaks...you'll need the wine just do deal with her idiosyncrasies, though .

"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2015, 09:34:15 PM »
LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

She doesn't even make a good Parrot. I've had a wife like her before. We're both lucky it's a modern world or her head would still be on a pike in the front yard. :o

Nope... I need a gal that can beat my ass. I'll only say "yes dear" if she is 100% correct or I am in 100% fear for my life. No middle ground. Zombie's don't roll like that. ;)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:37:36 PM by zombie »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2015, 08:58:15 PM »
Y'all sure know how to HIJACK a thread.......nyuk, nyuk!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2015, 03:44:15 AM »
That's why dying threads are for! Amuck, amuck, amuck.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2015, 03:02:08 PM »
Yep

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2015, 07:57:06 PM »
Put a Bestem 929 lighted box back there and you'll worry less about getting rear ended.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2015, 02:02:39 AM »
What's that got to do with running amuck?

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2015, 01:14:27 PM »
That's one of the features I liked about the like200, huge tail/brake light. At night you can see it a half mile away. The movie150 is the same size even brighter cuzz it's led.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2015, 01:01:09 AM »
That's one of the features I liked about the like200, huge tail/brake light. At night you can see it a half mile away. The movie150 is the same size even brighter cuzz it's led.
That big rear light on the LIKE was a selling point for me, too!
My LEDs are in the Bestem top box. I like it for these gray winter afternoon commutes home through traffic.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2015, 06:43:11 PM »
I think it is more an issue of distracted drivers, than a true viability issue.

Cell phones/cd/car stereo/dvd players, GPS built into the dash where you HAVE to take your eyes off the road... We are trained to be complacent about our driving.
It's not so much a human nature topic, as it is a discussion about the people selling all this crap for a profit.
Crap that has NO business in a car.

Imagine for just a moment... Our soldiers are equipped with a cd player in their tanks... Their rifles have a built in dvd player that shines thru the optics... Part of their field pack is a cell phone...

sounds counter productive huh! Every bit as dangerous. (IMHO)
And we buy these car with those accessories ....SHAME ON US
ALL STOCK

AVGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2015, 11:47:08 AM »
I was rear-ended in November 2014 while waiting to make a left turn into the driveway at my office. I had left a stop light when it turned green about 100 feet before the drive and in my rear view saw that the car behind hadn't even started moving. I had to wait for some oncoming traffic to clear, checked my mirror again and she was still quite a distance behind me. I was waiting for 2 cars to clear when I heard a screech and a very hard impact immediately after that. I was thrown up into the air and landed on my right side hard on the pavement.

I had on my high-viz jacket, helmet, gloves and boots. I also had an extra LED turn signal strip on my top case which was still blinking before I turned the key off.

A witness who was right there said the lady driving didn't even see me until the last second. He also said I looked like a cowboy getting thrown from a bull, so now I guess I know what that feels like. I don't know for sure but I think she was paying more attention to her daughter in the back seat than the road in front of her. She was probably going about 30 mph.

No broken bones but I did have to have shoulder surgery a few months later to repair torn cartilage in that shoulder.

I pay more attention to my mirrors now and if I'm making that same turn and there's traffic behind me I ride further up the road a bit where I can make a right turn into a parking lot and pull back onto the street so I can turn right into the drive.

And my Kymco Grand Vista is one tough scoot.

Grand Vista 250
"Big Scoot"

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()