Author Topic: replacement carb filter with choke and jetting for a bigger cylinder is 70cc max  (Read 1340 times)

KYMCO2TCHLTNC

• View Profile
Hi Can someone recommend some parts a bigger cylinder and piston a carb with choke and replacement after market filters and the carb jetting that might be needed if any. Is there a replacement filter with a built in choke? Does the sparkplug or variator make a difference? Where do I go to find some good parts I think I need a air breather I can choke.
Thanks +
Any one know the size of the glass fuse? I need to upgrade to one that resets itself.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum Chlinic,

Start at SPI. http://www.spi-parts.com/ Call them up to set up a dealer account. Call yourself 2t Chlinic (business name), and let them know you will be paying sales tax at the time of purchase. That will save you approx. 40% on parts.

Get the Polini Corsa jug, and Jasil Top Racing variator from them.

Next do the same thing w/ Racing Planet... http://www.racingplanetusa.com/

Get an OKO 24mm flat slide carb/open filter kit, And a Malossi RED control spring for the clutch. I highly recommend a Stage 6 MK II clutch, and use their RED fly springs

Then hit Ebay for an Intake kit...   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-DIO-Racing-Intake-Power-intake-kit-4-valves-/231104867975?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35ceec6e87&vxp=mtr

Last call Cynthia at Scooter Alley in Hawaii. Get a Scorpion exhaust for a 70cc kit. All done!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

solumized

• View Profile
Hey Zombie (And Chlinc sorry for stealing your post!)

Just a quick question based on your last post.  With all you have listed what would you estimate the cost of that being? ~$400?  Also, say I were to follow your advice, what kind of performance increase would I be expecting from this?  Just trying to figure out if doing something like this would be worth my while vs. just living with how the scooter currently performs!  Thanks a head of time!

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
One thing you guys should remember, you will NOT be able to daily drive your bike without tuning it every day and fussing with it. You should get 55-60mph tuned right without blowing up.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Come on B&L... Blowing up Kymco 2t's is where all the fun is.
Besides... If I didn't have to turn around, and pick up pieces of scoot off the road, I would have no reason to turn around at all.

I would simply scoot until (god forbid) I wound up in Portland!

Blowing up bikes is a good thing.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Come on B&L... Blowing up Kymco 2t's is where all the fun is.
Besides... If I didn't have to turn around, and pick up pieces of scoot off the road, I would have no reason to turn around at all.

I would simply scoot until (god forbid) I wound up in Portland!

Blowing up bikes is a good thing.

Oh I'm with you man, blowing up 2t bikes is half the fun. Bit i get the sense a lot of people ask about performance stuff on this forum expecting a transformed bike that'll last ten years without doing anything to it. Not to mention i wound hardly recommend kitting unless you have a decent idea about tuning etc, otherwise it'll run like sh** or you'll pay someone hundreds for it to still run poorly. The only way you can get it perfect is to tune it yourself.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()