Author Topic: Motor Oil 15W40 Diesel Okay to use in kymco b&w 250? What Brand is recommended?  (Read 2209 times)

Sanj

• View Profile
Hi everyone, just got this scooter recently.... looking to do some maintenance

It calls for 15w40 motor oil..... when I checked most stores this is a diesel oil? Is this okay?

What brand would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance

Sanj

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
The diesel oil is actually the recommended oil. Brand is more of personal preference than anything. I've started running 5w40 in the winter and the bike runs better when cold, the 15w40 and 10w40 felt sluggish when the bike was cold, and my commute was only 8 miles so i would still be one bar by the time I was at work. I use Motul but these are just a personal preference.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

doublej

• View Profile
Shell Rotella. Walmart always has it on sale. I prefer the full synthetic though. Have five different scooters/motorcycles all using same oil. No issues.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()